We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
We are looking for an up and coming Compliance individual who is passionate about taking their first step within the payments, financial services or FX industry. You should ideally have up to 1-2 years of experience of Transaction Monitoring, with a particular focus on KYC, AML/CTF and/or Sanctions. However full training will be provided to the right candidate.
As a Compliance Operations Analyst you will manage the day-to-day running of the Transaction Monitoring systems, ensuring that Compliance risks are adequately identified, assessed, monitored, controlled and reported as required.
This will include but is not limited to:
Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF)
Economic or Financial Sanctions
Payment Services, including the E-Money Directive
- Day to day Transaction Monitoring, identifying any potentially fraudulent or illegal activity
- Analyse payment and compliance data from multiple sources to identify trends and patterns
- Proactively escalate urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review
- Conduct screening on PEPs and sanctioned entities, and investigate potential hits
- Support data-protection compliance
- Work across teams and departments to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries
- Complete Compliance administration (such as keeping client records up-to-date) as required
- Review effectiveness of current monitoring rules and settings, and provide feedback on ways to optimise
- Continuously review current processes, and suggest improvements to the processes as well as systems used
- Keep up-to-date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business, and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Up to 1-2 years of Compliance experience sought, alternatively 1-2 years experience in a similar field
- Able to support and build excellent relationships across the team and with other internal stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to work in a concise and methodical manner
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects as required and to communicate results effectively throughout the company
- Confident decision-maker able to take ownership of their own workload
- Understanding of sanctions, their purpose and the process to investigate and report sanctions
- Strong knowledge of Excel; experience with SQL and data visualisation tools a bonus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work to tight deadlines