Unmind are looking for a Product Marketing Manager - Advocacy to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Product Marketing Manager - Advocacy.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Product Marketing Manager - Advocacy
The last year has been a transformative period for the topic of mental health. We've all gone on our own wellbeing journeys – for many it has been an opportunity to reflect, for others it has been a time of struggle and resilience – but there are hopes of a silver lining.
Never before has society put such an emphasis on discussing mental health and, in doing so, many organisations have a new appreciation of what's expected of them to empower their people to live more fulfilling lives inside and outside of the working environment. Unmind has been fortunate to be in a position to support organisations and their people on this journey, and scale significantly as a business in the process.
As we continue to grow, we're looking for a Product Marketing Manager to own the development and execution of our global Advocacy strategy. Shining a spotlight on the Unmind journey that both employers and employees are going on, this individual will be an internal evangelist for our audiences and the key point of contact to communicate their stories to the world.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Understand the evolving corporate mental healthcare landscape and the motivations and pains of our clients (employers) and users (employees). This may include market research, analyst relations, and client/prospect interviews and insights.
- Own all advocacy opportunities and continuously push to create emotive, original and inspiring stories across multiple formats.
- Collaborate with our Client Success Managers to identify client case studies that communicate compelling stories of how Unmind is adding value to organisations and the people within them. Work with the Brand & Comms team to turn these stories into videos, written content, and external facing assets. See an example here!
- Collaborate with our global PR agencies to secure client commentary and involvement in external press and communications.
- Leverage our 80+ NPS score and relationships with clients and Client Success Managers to drive submissions of reviews on G2 – support in improving Unmind's position in the Corporate Wellness category.
- Secure client involvement in relevant events, webinars, panel discussions, content creation, or podcasts. This will involve working closely with our Demand Generation, Brand & Comms, and Growth Marketing teams.
- Become an expert on the value – qualitative and quantitative – being delivered to our clients and users. Be recognised as the internal champion and evangelist of these audiences.
- Produce and maintain a strategic calendar of Advocacy activities that can be shared with internal stakeholders, and develop the processes necessary to manage these activities in an efficient and effective way.
- Set and hold a consistently high bar for design and content quality of all Advocacy activities and materials.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who:
- Are passionate about the voice of the client and user, and are excited about the prospect of telling their stories to the world.
- Gain motivation and energy from building strong relationships and collaborating with a diverse range of individuals and teams in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- Can manage alignment across multiple stakeholders – internal and external – and prioritise a broad and complex scope of work from ideation to delivery to performance analysis.
- Are keen storytellers with an understanding of what motivates and inspires your audiences.
- Are confident to challenge the status quo, propose original ideas, and inspire those around you to share your outlook for the future direction of Advocacy at Unmind.
- Have a deep commercial understanding of the B2B or B2B2C business model and how clients and users make decisions.
- Have a passion for mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace