Elvie are looking for a Research Operations Coordinator (6m FTC) to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
At Elvie, we don’t believe women's bodies are the problem. Instead, we believe the problem is that the needs of women’s bodies – and therefore, lives – have been ignored, misunderstood, and underestimated.
Founded by Tania Bolder in 2013, Elvie has been improving women's lives through better – and smarter – technology ever since. We develop innovations that meet the unique needs and complexities of the female body so that women can take charge of their health across every life stage.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is a multi-award-winning device bringing hospital-grade pelvic floor care to the hands of women everywhere— it was even a gift in the Oscar Nominee Goody Bags! And now, we're proud to say that we're part of the NHS Supply Chain in the UK.
Our second innovation was Elvie Pump. Launched in 2019, it's the world's first silent, wearable breast pump, enabling women to pump wherever they please— even the catwalk at London Fashion Week. It’s since won numerous awards, including the Times 100 Best Inventions of 2019 and ‘Wearable Design of the Year’ at the Dezeen Awards. The initial success of our wellness tools gave us the means to expand our breastfeeding range to include Elvie Curve and Elvie Catch, both designed to give mothers total comfort and confidence.
As a business, Elvie has received more than 30 awards (including the prestigious Red Dot Design award). We’re ranked as one of the 15 startups ‘To Watch’ by The Sunday Times and Business Insider and ranked as the 13th fastest growing business in the UK by Syndicate Room. Our founder and CEO, Tania Boler, is regularly profiled in top-tier media titles, and, in 2021, Tania was named GLAMOUR’s Women of the Year: Technology Gamechanger.
In July 2021, Elvie announced an $80 million Series C funding, the number one position and biggest raise in an initial fundraising round in the femtech category.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
You are a detail-oriented, passionate and dynamic individual who thrives on getting stuff done whilst managing multiple activities in parallel. You’re a natural multi-tasker and comfortable with priorities that often change on a daily basis. You can roll with this and maintain focus by doing the right things in the right order. You are a destroyer of tasks. You’re process and people driven and get satisfaction from optimising ways of working to ensure the team you support is as productive as possible. You’re a list writer and box tick-er off-er. You are organised and logical, yet work at a fast pace to help the Product Development team meet ambitious plans. You are excited by the prospect of defining and developing the gold standard for Research Operations at Elvie.
What you'll be doing in this role
Your core objective will be to help Elvie’s Research team work efficiently. We run multiple confidential research projects in parallel, working with many participants and external companies along the way. Throughout this process, you will champion treating participant data and the company’s interests with utmost sensitivity. This involves ensuring potential participants are well-informed prior to starting a research study, and that any intellectual property related to these studies is protected. You will be responsible for maintaining this process, streamlining where necessary and taking care of our participants.
Recruitment, Scheduling, & Live Research Management - help us find and speak to women so we can keep them at the centre of everything we do
- Ensure all the women we speak to are part of a considered experience, whether they end up taking part in research or not
- Liaise with the Researchers and the Marketing team to find the best routes to source relevant participants for upcoming user research
- Advertise relevant research opportunities as and when they arise
- Categorise and pre-screen respondents based on recruitment criteria
- Manage all paperwork (there’s a lot) for controlled documents prior to participants engaging in studies
- Schedule Researcher<>participant appointments, taking into account timings and location (eg., off-site interviews, calls, product drop off/collection)
- Order/ship/courier prototypes or products to/from participants
- Provide support to the Researchers during live research by responding to participants, tracking completion of research activities, following up as necessary, uploading, organising, and anonymising and/or blinding study data and media for analysis, and transcribing media
- Conduct light quantitative data analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Process goodwill gestures for participants after studies have finished
Database management - we’re in touch with thousands of women and you’ll be keeping all of their details accessible, organised and secure so we can stay on track with our product development
- Meticulously maintain and continuously update our participant database
- Ensure that all participant profiles are up to date with contact information, signed agreements, and their current availability throughout the sign up process
- Keep up to date with active and inactive participants within our database to ensure that we are providing opportunities to a wide variety of women, while being respectful of people’s inboxes
Process improvement - how can we conduct smoother, more efficient research?
- GDPR - set standards and maintain documentation of research decisions and processes to maintain GDPR compliance; keep the research team up to speed with GDPR best practice; liaise with the legal team as necessary to ensure compliance
- Documentation - maintain documentation of research and research operations processes for new and existing team members to reference; flag opportunities for improvement and seek out possible solutions/new ways of working
- Data Organisation - seek out more efficient ways to organise data, make it more accessible to the team, and reduce processing time
General management - tame the beast that can be the start-up R&D cycle, it’s a team effort but you will be at the centre of it.
- Raise and close purchase orders in a timely manner
- Consolidate and track NDAs
- Provide ad hoc support for the wider product team
Location: Bristol. This role will be a blend of home and office-based working, ideally with a few days in the office each week.
Our team is split between offices located in Bristol and London. You will need to work collaboratively to support projects across both sites
- Strong organizational skills
- Process driven with high attention to detail
- Experience with administrative tasks and data entry
- Conscientious and dependable
- Ability to work independently and with initiative, but ask questions when necessary
- Resourceful: ability to think creatively to come to a resolution when you meet barriers; can-do attitude
- Excellent written and spoken English, tact, sensitivity and diplomacy - you will be the first point of contact with participants, so high-level communication skills are paramount
- Creative and driven - we’re constantly trying to improve how we work and we’d love to hear your ideas
- Some experience in recruiting job candidates or test participants would be beneficial
- Knowledge and/or experience of GDPR would be an advantage
- Interest in women, health and all things technology
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level
- An empathic and friendly manner will set you apart from other candidates
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.