The Interview Process
Our aim is to get to know how you’d fit into our team. First we’ll have a short call with you to discuss your career to date and your motivations for the role. Then we’ll give you a task that is relevant to the work you would be doing at Prolific (2 hour interview). We understand that your time is valuable so you will be reimbursed with a £50 Amazon voucher, regardless of whether or not you proceed to the final round. The final stage will be an interview with the co-founders/our Leadership team, where we will dig deeper into your values and experience.
If your experience doesn't tick all the boxes but you are passionate about joining us, you should definitely apply! We look for people who share our values and can add to our open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
What We Offer:
Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
£1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
£1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
£1000 yearly budget on discretionary meet-ups (travel, hotel, food, etc.)
Fun and collaborative quarterly company-wide meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.
At Prolific, we're changing how research on the internet is done. Our co-founders Katia and Phelim started by building a marketplace that connects researchers from both Academia and industry with instant, high quality, global research participants. Now, as a growing team, our bigger vision is to build the most powerful and trusted platform for behavioural research.
We were in Y Combinator's Summer 2019 batch, we've recently closed a $1.4M seed round, we've been growing 3x a year purely through word-of-mouth, we're default alive, and we have very ambitious plans.
Location📍 Remote, UK
At a Glance
Us:Profitable and funded startup of ~70 people. Fully remote team, mainly based in the UK. YC alumni (summer 2019). 3x yearly growth, all driven by word-of-mouth.
We’re on a mission to connect people around the world to make trustworthy data more accessible and facilitate world-changing research.
You: An ambitious and credible Talent Partner with previous startup experience, great communication skills, and a passion for finding top talent!
We're on the hunt for an experienced Talent Partner to support the continued growth of our rapidly expanding organisation. You'll play a leading role in shaping the hiring experience as a member of the Prolific Talent Team. You’ll have previous experience of working in a 360 role across all levels, preferably in a tech startup and feel comfortable with the demands of working remotely, in a fast paced changing environment. You’ll lead on all aspects of the hiring journey from attraction through to offer, and play a pivotal part in championing our culture and building our employer brand.
As we build our in-house team, your responsibilities and scope within the role will increase and you will play a significant role in shaping the talent function and business.
Prolific is a remote-first company, meaning we're remote but have some in-person activities and the option to work from our "hub" in Paddington.
What you’ll do
- Plan and deliver against Prolific hiring goals
- Own end to end hiring across the business, from job creation through to offer. Providing a best in class experience to everyone involved
- Develop a deep understanding of Prolific, our product and values to effectively articulate our mission and culture to prospective Prolificos
- Be a true advisor and coach - engaging with our hiring managers to ensure that the candidate experience is an outstanding one and guiding them to make the best hiring decisions
- Be an advocate for DEI, ensuring that our talent processes are fair and inclusive to all
- Support and deliver our vision to create a world-class employer brand
- Lead and collaborate on special talent projects related to the candidate experience, including interview best practices, training, tool and process implementation
- Build and nurture candidate pipelines using a variety of creative channels. We are a curious bunch, and believe we should be constantly enhancing the way we do things
- Continually grow and engage your network to promote Prolific's brand
- Work in partnership with the People Operations team to ensure that our onboarding experience is executed seamlessly
What you'll bring
- Proven background and experience in recruitment, attracting and hiring diverse talent
- Deep knowledge of recruitment practices, principles and methods, including interviewing and assessment skills
- A background in executing innovative sourcing strategies
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- A real passion and understanding for Diversity and Inclusion and the ability to weave this into our hiring practices
- A highly collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to build credibility with your stakeholders
- Innovative and scalable solutions to continuously improve our hiring experience and processes
- You will have delivered projects focused on employment branding, selection skills training and improved candidate experience
- Highly motivated to build an amazing team at an early-stage, fast-growing startup!
- A positive, pragmatic, roll your sleeves up mentality
Nice to have
- Experience of working with an ATS such as Lever or Greenhouse