Unmind are looking for a Sales Development Representative - Outbound to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind - because we all have mental health, all of the time - and we're striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them- which is why we're looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Sales Development Representative.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role - Sales Development Representative
We are looking for someone to join the Unmind SDR team, to help us execute our sales and marketing plans. As a member of the sales development team, you will be responsible for growing the new business pipeline and helping to fuel the incredible growth we're experiencing.
The role will be integral to our delivering on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world. You will join our London Commercial Team and help grow the business from the ground up which means there are great opportunities to grow into other roles in the future. This requires a self-starter mindset fuelled with creativity, ingenuity and determination.
You will be organised, dynamic and incredibly driven and have an insatiable curiosity... If you're ambitious with a desire to be exposed to all things "sales" at a fast-growth, high-impact startup this is the opportunity for you.
As with any B2B organisation, the success of Unmind depends on every member of the team being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders.
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. This means that certain elements of the role will be 'learning as you go', and we hope that's exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience, skills and passion in the following is important for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in a Sales Development role in a b2b software environment.
- Track record of success and high achievement in whatever you have turned your hand to.
- Excellent communications skills –both verbal and written– with the confidence to challenge the status quo internally and objection handle externally.
- Ability to develop and execute highly targeted, personalised and innovative outreach campaigns, ensuring we are always taking a unique approach to “opening doors” into new prospects accounts that is reflective of our brand and culture.
- Striking the perfect balance between being persistent and relentless, ensuring that we are always at the forefront of the minds of the key stakeholders in our target accounts.
- Insatiable curiosity - you will need to know every nook and cranny of our sales and marketing landscape, our value proposition and the competitor landscape.
- Building close working relationships with people across the business, with a particular focus on our marketing team, Business Development Managers, and sales leadership, with whom it is imperative that you have a joined-up approach.
- Optimise the use of our CRM platform for sales and marketing purposes, ensuring that we leverage the large network we have created and nurture existing accounts we have already met.
- Ability to identify, articulate, and enact improvements across our sales and marketing processes, trialling innovative approaches and methodologies.
- Autonomous attitude (you *do not* require (or like) micro-management).
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader within workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friends and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace
Please note that this is not a remote role and does require you to be commutable to Borough High Street, London. It is also necessary for you to have the full Right to Work in the UK.