SilverRail Technologies are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team.
**This is a hybrid remote/office position. We are looking for someone commutable to London so that you can collaborate with the team 1-2 times per month month**
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is increasingly important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll thrive on collaborating with your peers and participating in the design and development process with product owners. You’ll bring your passion for writing clean, solid code to our highly scalable system.
The team is very collaborative, friendly and improvement oriented. Having fun while at work is a must! We support a flexible home working environment with occasional travel into the London office a few times a month.
Key responsibilities and authorities
- Requirements analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of software components including unit and integration tests as well as documentation.
- Definition and evolution of REST and SOAP APIs.
- Promotion of modular, testable and maintainable Spring applications.
- Contribution to the design or application and services
Competence and skills
- BSCS or equivalent required, plus 2 years’ hands-on experience.
- Good knowledge of Java 8+, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and relational databases including MySQL.
- Experience building JSON and XML API’s. Knowledge of RESTful principles is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Experience using Git SCM and CI/CD pipelines. GitLab experience would be beneficial.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Docker and K8S would be beneficial.
- Experience with micro-service and SaaS architectures.
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture and Domain-driven design concepts a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A self-starter who is hands-on and knows how to find answers and work with ambiguity.
- Values-driven and practical in your approach.
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!
*Please note, at this time we are unable to provide sponsorship.