SilverRail Technologies are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team.
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Brisbane. A Software Development Engineer (SDE) at SilverRail is responsible for the research, design, development and operation of our complex software systems. Our software has components that are heavily reliant on understanding complex maths, components that are dependent on understanding scalability and redundancy and components that involve careful management of legacy system integrity while introducing new gentrified systems. An SDE is involved in all of these areas and brings software engineering knowledge and expertise to the solution at each step of the way.
- Participating in our agile engineering team made up of a mixture of software developers, testers and cloud engineers (SRE’s).
- Continuously work to improve our agility by sharing ideas and results broadly and by removing technical debt.
- Understand and apply various software development techniques including but not limited to: SOLID principles, design patterns, code reviews, multi-threading and optimisation.
- Repeatedly apply good judgement in selecting methods, tools or techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Collaborating with colleagues on technical design.
Skills and competence
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Software Developer/Engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of C# and .NET Core / Framework.
- React and Typescript knowledge/experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and Cloud-based technologies with AWS is a plus.
- Some C++ knowledge/experience is a bonus.
- Customer focused by always striving for high customer satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and proactive, making it as easy as possible on the customer rather than our engineering team.
- Can balance listening and talking. Speaks and writes clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed. Will use visual aids to assist communication where appropriate.
- Naturally takes ownership (initiative) of work, doing what is needed without being asked and following through on tasks. Can make significant progress without the need for constant feedback.
- Being helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment. Collegial.
- Developed professional expertise and ability to apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of team or technical issues. Will be an active member of our team giving timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Interest in Agile Scrum and willingness to be involved in all stages of the SDLC, including DevOps practices and testing.
- Mentors junior members of the team.
- Consistently demonstrates company values in interactions with colleagues and customers. Supports others in new concepts.
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A beautiful office space with incredible city views!
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, additional annual leave days and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!