Brightpearl are looking for an IT Manager to join their team.
We’re an award-winning tech business, recently named the Top UK SaaS Company to work for. Our UK HQ is located in Bristol, cited as being one of the fast growing technology hubs in the country.
Brightpearl is the number one digital operations platform (DOP) for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
About the role
Lead the transformation of our IT services into a service brokerage with a mission to enable better ways of working across our entire business. Working closely with our security team to define policies and procedures to support the next phase of growth at Brightpearl, you will be building a team of help desk and operations engineers to oversee our technical estate. Engaging with staff across our global business to support them in finding the best tools and techniques, you will be a force multiplier and a guide. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is familiar with the service broker approach to IT and can bring their experience and change management skills to set solid foundations and build for growth in an innovative and dynamic environment.
Your Day-to-Day Life
- Establish a high performing IT Services team. Attract, hire, on-board, develop, motivate and coach help desk and operations team members to reach their full potential. Instil a culture of partnering across the business and help us meet our goals.
- Collaborate with our security team to define processes and procedures for evaluation and monitoring of services to identify and manage our risks effectively.
- Collaborate with our engineering team to provide access to cloud services.
- Embrace the spirit of continuous improvement and work with our finance team to monitor, review and report on spending, and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness relating to IT investment..
- Collaborate with our HROps teams to design and implement office infrastructure and employee equipment management.
- Be our trusted advisor to the executive team to find the most effective tools and processes to continually improve efficiency and staff productivity and engagement.
- Manage contracts and subscriptions with vendors on behalf of Brightpearl teams.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies; hardware, software and cloud services. Provide proactive insights/suggestions for enhancements and improvements.
- Build a knowledge base to help teams to self-serve.
- Minimum 5 years experience in IT administration / Service Desk environment.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing an IT team.
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance-monitoring tools.
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing. Ideally with experience administering multiple AWS accounts using best practices for access management and monitoring.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds trusted relationships across the business, understands the needs and priorities of your internal customers and demonstrates the ability to translate technical terms for non-technical co-workers.
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR, CCPA etc.).
- Passionate about innovation and technology.
- Personal accountability – motivated by troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner, delivering on commitments and continuous improvement.
- Enjoys creating and executing a plan for positive change and articulating the benefits to the business and people, whether that’s productivity improvements, mitigating risks, cost efficiencies or a combination of all three.
- Proactive approach to identifying business needs and matching those needs to pragmatic solutions.
- You’ll be joining one of the top UK SaaS Companies based in central Bristol - named top city to live in
- We offer a competitive salary, stock options and a pension matching scheme
- 25 days of annual leave, plus long service awards and volunteering days to give back to the community
- We promote health and well-being through comprehensive medical, dental insurance packages with AXA, Bupa and HealthShield and subsidised gym memberships
- We support work-life balance through flexi-time and hybrid working
- Opportunity to collaborate and share success through company wide socials and All Hands.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.