Unmind are looking for a Support Team Lead to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 150 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Support Team Lead.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role - Support Team Lead
We are looking for an experienced Support/Helpdesk professional; who has managed and developed Support teams and functions in the past, to play an integral role in Unmind’s growth and success moving forward. Our ability to satisfy end-users is a fundamental pillar of Unmind’s success. ****User engagement and satisfaction is one of the most important metrics for retaining our clients – and in this team you’ll be truly responsible for helping to move the needle.
As Support Team Lead, you will be joining an established (yet raring to grow) team of Support professionals who have laid the groundwork for our support processes and ongoing success. In this role, you will be taking on a highly autonomous position; nurturing our existing team members and steering the course of the support function by helping us scale globally. You will report into the Global Head of Client Success.
In this role, you will:
- Manage our Support team. You will be responsible for the management, growth and development of the team. This will include day-to-day management of team members (including 1:1s and resource assignment) and driving optimal performance.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally (particularly with Engineering and our Commercial departments) to ensure effective ways of working. Provide feedback using valuable insights from our users/clients, and escalate matters where necessary.
- Lead on the globalisation, internationalisation and localisation of support to meet business needs (this may include implementing remote resources). You will be responsible for the research, planning, scoping, implementation and ongoing support for projects with relation to the Support function.
- Provide world-class service. Whilst you may not interface as frequently with end-users whilst managing the team, you will be able to provide tier 1 and tier 2 support. You will help our users throughout their journey with Unmind by providing quality and timely support, delivering on promises and to a standard of service that exceeds expectations. You will become an expert on the ins/outs of the Unmind platform so as to help remedy user/client issues in an efficient and friendly manner when they crop up.
- Continue to build out our user versus client support proposition. Lead the platform management of the Client Success function (platform configuration and administrative maintenance, owning client technical queries etc.)
- Oversee the building, maintenance and ongoing development of Unmind’s end-user support site (help.unmind.com) – ensuring that it is comprehensive and relevant at all times. Work with the Psychology and Content team to research, compile and publish global mental health service information for the platform’s Help section.
- Fine-tune, maintain and develop our support infrastructure. For example, identify opportunities for automation within Zendesk, and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities.
- Identify and track trends that can help us circumvent bottlenecks or realise new opportunities.
- Own inventories of hardware, software and support assets. Create and maintain, detailed and complete, Helpdesk documentation.
- Regularly report on performance and KPIs to leadership.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no-one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves all things support and customer service; with a true desire to help people. Has experience of managing a team (across multiple time zones).
- Has experience working in a technical, customer support role, communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders and supporting a multilingual platform. High comfortability with customer support/ticketing platforms (i.e. Zendesk etc.) and content management systems.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented within project management, with the ability to multi-task across multiple platforms.
- Strong reporting skills. Confident identifying and analysing valuable data from end-user enquires that provide clear and concise insights on their overall experience
- Capability to self-motivate, work independently and take ownership of job responsibilities. Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace