Wefarm are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team.
The core Wefarm platform operates within a Kubernetes cluster on AWS. You will be the first member of the tech team to be exclusively focussed on management and maintenance of these core and ancillary services. With direct accountability for the uptime and availability of the service to our members you will make sure we have sufficient monitoring and alerting in place. You will work with the wider team to ensure that the products and services being developed are being done in a way that fits holistically and safely into the wider system and that there are clear paths to scaling them out.
Outcome 1: Squad goals are achieved through:
- Understanding the squad OKRs and priorities
- Clear and consistent communication and collaboration
- Work closely with engineers and stakeholders to gather requirements to improve the Wefarm platform
Outcome 2: Enable fast & reliable product development
- Work with engineers to unblock them with any infrastructure or platform considerations
- Document how engineers are expected to work with platform tools and services
- Improve logging, monitoring and alerting instrumentation to ensure engineers and data professionals can be effective in developing and maintaining their services.
Outcome 3: Achieve a level of security that assures continuity of business
- Ensure Wefarm follows security best practices for cloud, Kubernetes and other key infrastructural services.
- Setup vulnerability scanning and implement upgrade plans to ensure we are running on the most stable and secure versions.
- Work towards complete observability of Wefarm services to allow quick identification of and action on production issues
- Follow a best practice approach to running securely in the cloud
You have a deep knowledge and professional experience in managing the following technologies:
Linux flavoured OSs
JVM based services
Hands on experience in networking security, databases and cloud systems
In addition, you'll be mentoring and guiding the team members
Domain Knowledge & Additional Skills
Incidence management and root cause analysis
Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management
Rewards package and remuneration
The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential, but is highly competitive and will include share options. We believe in our team being not only the executors of Wefarm’s visions but the makers and owners of it!
As a global business, travel is essential to who we are, and will be a perk of the job. We also host an annual whole company offsite (Wecamp), previously held in Kenya and Uganda. In addition, we have a generous pension package, flexible working environment (within reason of course!), and we value spending time together - boarding the weekly lunch train, sharing some drinks on a Friday and frequent social events throughout the year.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Wefarm, we’re building a place where everyone belongs and can add value, regardless of their background - and our team is no different. We’re working hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture where we take inspiration from different experiences, backgrounds and ways of thinking. If you share our values and enthusiasm for connecting the world’s small-scale farmers, you may be a great fit for Wefarm.
We are a global remote-first team and remote candidates are encouraged to apply!