We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked employee benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to mental health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role
From our monolithic datacenter beginnings, we’ve moved wholesale to AWS where our system runs as a set of distributed applications. We’re currently in the process of migrating those applications over to Kubernetes, and building new ones, as we further embrace a microservices architecture.
Currencycloud’s software development teams independently build and deliver microservices to production, but they don’t do it alone. Our Cloud Platform Engineers provide our developers with a frictionless and straightforward path to reliable production operations. Deployment of their services must be highly automated, and future changes can be applied to services in a highly repeatable and sustainable way.
For the Cloud Platform Engineering team, Currencycloud’s developers are our main customers. As such an important part of our role is to provide guidance and support around how they can best leverage the platform to meet Currencycloud’s demands.
What you'll get to do...
- Build a great developer experience for people using the infrastructure and platform you operate and maintain.
- Support teams in their CI/CD process and encourage best practices
- Design, build and maintain solutions that enable our development community to self-serve the infrastructure and capabilities they need to build secure, scalable and reliable services and allow them to deliver them safely to production.
- Reviewing and testing various CI/CD tooling to improve stability
- Implementing fully automated pipelines for the services we run as well as supplying the tools to execute various test types autonomously
- Migrating services from EC2 to EKS
- Multiple ongoing initiatives to improve platform performance and stability in light of the changing demands of our customers
What skills are requried?
- Good technical skills including:
- CI/CD tools and techniques
- AWS tools and technologies
- Infrastructure as code using e.g. Terraform or CloudFormation
- High level understanding of cloud concepts such as auto scaling, disaster recovery and finops
- Knowledge of at least two programming languages such as Java, Ruby, Go, or Python
- Good interpersonal skills including:
- Ability to work in an agile team
- Ability to recognise and write good quality code individually or as part of a pair
- Ability to provide objective critiques of code and deliverables, with a view to constantly improving quality
- Ability to communicate effectively when working in a remote environment
- Working closely both inside and outside of the immediate team/tribeAbility to understand and focus on the most important things
- Experience with multiple programming / scripting languages
- Demonstrable experience of presenting solutions to stakeholders and driving adoption of those solutions
- Experience of common cloud infrastructure frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies
- Experience with Cloud Native tools and techniques such as Monitoring and alerting
- Nice to have:
- Demonstrable experience of developing CI/CD pipelines and supporting technologies
- Experience of contributing to high level technology decisions
- Experience mentoring other individuals within the team, and evangelising in the wider organization
- Experience in infrastructure as code for provisioning, either as an applications developer or an infrastructure engineer
- Designed software and / or platforms used by other developers, and have supported those developers with the adoption of your solutions
- Demonstrable experience providing tools and solutions to applications developers to support DevOps and Cloud Native maturity