Elvie are looking for an Editorial Content Senior Manager to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
Our mission is to take women’s technology out of the dark ages, creating revolutionary products that change lives throughout every phase of womanhood. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of TIME MAGAZINE'S 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. Many more products are in the pipeline, to help women through all life stages.
Elvie has received more than 75 awards, including being #41 in the FT 1000 list of fastest growing companies in Europe 2021 - and our CEO, Tania Boler, was GLAMOUR's Women of the Year Technology Gamechanger 2021. Elvie recently completed a £58million Series C funding, the biggest raise in an initial fundraise round for a female-founded femtech company.
What does it mean to work at Elvie?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you'll be doing in this role
We’re looking for a resourceful and experienced subject matter specialist (women’s health and wellbeing across various life stages), brand-fanatic and/or an extremely savvy digital marketing expert – creative, strategic and highly organised – to lead a team of web/content producers. Not only will you contribute to the digital vision, you will also be responsible for the global content strategy that drives engagement and business objectives across Elvie.com and relevant mobile apps. You’ll work alongside a growing digital team and multiple stakeholders, to ensure the site is current, relevant, and on-brand.
You’re an experienced content producer, site manager and/or editor-in-chief, with lots of ideas and an excellent understanding of how to create/distribute/monetise/track innovative, engaging and scalable assets/experiences - from editorial copy to rich media, both short and long form, and from broad to more personalised. You’re a brilliant writer and storyteller with several years experience establishing and leading results-orientated content teams. You have an extensive list of contacts that you can bring to the role.
As a Editorial Content Senior Manager, you’ll oversee the global editorial strategy, editorial calendar, content development and processes that accompany it. You’ll be responsible for developing and leading the team that manages the day-to-day content operations, planning, curation, creation, distribution, optimisation and amplification on Elvie.com and associated outlets. Whether supporting our physical or digital products/campaigns/services, your team will be responsible for ensuring we have the content that our audience is looking for (and our business requires) before they come looking for it.
- Own and manage the .com editorial strategy, editorial calendar and content production schedules across various segments and business priorities – ensuring our content is distinctive and impactful.
- Actively create and publish content – leading content ideation, categorisation, editorial process/guidelines, and auditing (including quality, tone, engagement, and monetisation potential)
- Develop and manage a growing team of web producers/digital experts (including cultivating a network of freelance journalists, creative writers and partners) - leading by example and motivating high performance
- Develop and implement best in-class content planning, creation, curation, publication, distribution, tracking, optimisation and amplification process within the team
- Collaborate with other teams across the company to evolve our content architecture and create a highly personalised user experience
- Commitment to delivering projects on time - ensuring web content/pages are up-to-date, relevant and on brand with a consistent tone of voice
- Analyse data to identify gaps between available content and content our consumers are looking for.
- Ensure your team is utilising current SEO techniques to maximise impact of content and conversion
- Identify and take advantage of new business opportunities (new platforms, content types, trends, etc) - have a deep understanding of the digital spaces where target audiences consume content, but also the content formats, topics, and contributors that will resonate with those audiences.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the continuous consumption of our content and synchronising your strategy with other product areas, including the Community
- Define team objectives and targets, as well as identify opportunities to expand reach (syndication, partnerships, optimisation, A/B testing)
- Responsible for driving business and channel KPIs across customer lifecycle (acquisition, retention, engagement and conversion) and campaign lifecycle
- 7+ years experience in creating compelling digital content and experiences, preferably in a subscription based business
- Experience establishing and managing a team is required
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills, must be able to influence at all levels, use data to facilitate decision making and advise best practice; not afraid to challenge when necessary
- Demonstrated creative thinking ability and digital publishing experience across the full product/customer/content lifecycles – plan, write/produce, release, test, optimise, measure – in a fast, scalable and iterative way
- Keen interest in women’s health and wellbeing, competitive landscape and digital trends
- Data driven and literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver optimised experiences
- Hands-on experience with CMS, web analytics (Google Analytics preferred), and intermediate-level photoshop skills; Familiarity with tools such as Asana/Wrike/Trello/Slack/Figma/Miro is desirable; AI or machine learning experience a plus
- Experience with multi-site, multi-language, global site management
- HTML and CSS knowledge, with a good understanding of web design best practice
- SEO competency
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote skills
- Quick study, resourceful, resilient, highly organised, with a can-do attitude
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent prioritisation and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and professionalism
- Self starter with passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player who is able to lead and work collaboratively within the group, as well as across business units/functions
Location: we're flexible as long as you're happy to come into one of our offices from time to time (ideally London).
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.