Senior Operations Manager
Made Tech are looking for a Senior Operations Manager to join their team.
Up to £60,000
Bristol/London/Manchester & remote
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Senior Operations Manager, you will be a valued person proactively driving and owning business-critical operational workstreams internally as part of our group operations team who actively promotes operational excellence within Made Tech.
Our rapid growth is driving an increasingly diverse set of internal operational requirements, and so we’ve identified the need for a new Senior Operations Manager role, reporting into the Head of Operations and providing direction and high executional quality across key operational priorities as the function and business matures.
Our Senior Operations Manager will oversee key software systems and revenue forecast accuracy day to day; driving ongoing compliance in information security; and professionalising BAU internal processes.; The role requires a deep understanding of the strategic goals of the business; a pragmatic and highly commercial approach to scaling demands; and an ability to connect strategy to executional detail.
Your role here
- Day to day ownership of our commercial delivery management platform Kimble: we’ve recently adopted Kimble to help us manage our end to end value delivery for clients, from proposals through to invoicing. It’s driving business-critical improvements in process and data across the business; and now needs fuller management to ensure forecast accuracy, month-end compliance for invoicing accuracy; ongoing iteration and functionality deployment; and support for delivery teams in maximising its value and data quality.
- Ownership of key Information Security and compliance agendas: embedding InfoSec best practice even more deeply into day to day operations around the business; and managing our ISO27001, 9001 and Cyber Essentials Plus certifications.
- Management of our IT estate (through our IT partner); our SaaS stack and offices (coordinating with our Community Managers and regions on the latter).
- In the future: potential for execution of major change programmes as Made Tech expands and professionalises further (this could be anything from working with Executive team on the opening of a new office, through to major change projects like implementation of new company-wide SaaS packages; or driving further data-led transformation in the business).
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Significant, demonstrable experience in an operational role (ideally in a professional services environment)
- Experience managing information security and risk agendas in a professional services environment; experience with IT estate management a bonus but not required.
- Solid commercial awareness and ideally some experience with P&L ownership and/or supplier relationship management
- Ability to think engage with strategic business priorities and demandsExcellent written and oral communication and influencing skills
- Highly analytical, comfortable with numbers; and experience building reports in google sheets (and ideally salesforce)
- Pragmatic, outcome focussed approach to delivery and problems solving
- A positive, can-do and problem-solving attitudeAbility to work at pace to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a cross functional team: motivating, coaching and managing
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break
More information can be found here