FitXR are looking for an Automation Tester to join their team.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
As Test Automation Engineer, you will take the technical role in test automation and be responsible for designing and building an Automation framework and solutions for our complex VR product. You will be an Automation expert, forward thinking and able to work with a multitude of technologies
- Ensuring that the product backend and frontend is thoroughly automated, tested and fully integrated with CI/CD pipelines.
- Ensuring the product is fully fit for purpose by applying traditional and cutting edge technologies with an Agile mindset.You will have a strong understanding of integrating the automated solutions to test management tools for test executing and reporting.
- Understanding user expectations and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Collaborating with the cross functional teams, ensuring issues and bugs are tested and resolved in a timely manner.
- Looking for opportunities to improve and expand our automation framework and solutions.
What you'll experience
You will be working with a cross functional team to build automation test coverage at backend or frontend level with a focus on shift left approach to testing that helps detecting defects early and reduce the overall regression time.
Note, whilst we understand you may not have the knowledge/ experience of all the technologies mentioned below, we expect that you have working experience or expertise on similar technologies which can be transferable to those listed in this section.
- You will have a strong understanding of integrating the automated solutions to test management tools for test executing and reporting.
- Previous experience as a Test Automation Engineer or Senior Test Automation Engineer
- Strong experience in designing, implementing and working with UI automated test solutions/tools such as Selenium, QTP etc
- Strong experience in BDD frameworks such as Cucumber, Specflow etc
- Strong knowledge of API automation frameworks and testing tools such as Httpclient, RESTsharp, Rest-Assured, Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI etc
- Experience of working in desktop applications automation
- Strong knowledge of System testing, User Interface testing, Acceptance testing and Integration testing
- Good working knowledge of AWS /cloud technologies
- Experience of DynamoDB,AWS SNS and SQS
- Strong programming skills, particularly .Net & understanding of OOP principles and clean code concepts to develop high quality coded tests
- Good understanding of Code integration with repositories such as GIT and SVN
- Experience of DevOps practices, tools and techniques especially around CI/CD with tools such as Jenkin
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes with awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to translate both business and technical requirements into testable scenarios
- Understanding of Unit testing frameworks likely to be nUnit, xUnit or MSTest and ablity to advocate unit/component testing practices
- Experience of AI powered automation tools such as Tricentis, Leapwork
- Experience of RPA automation tools such as UiPath
- Knowledge of Unity Test Tools & ml-agents
- Knowledge of mocking tools likely in RhinoMock or Moq
- Active judgement, logic and communication across teams for environment deployment/installation
- Experience of Gaming domain
- Experience of any Game automation tools such as Sikuli
- Experience of test tools such as Test rail , JIRA or similar.
- Experience of Agile development practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong decision-making skills
What you'll be measured on
- Your ability to implement a successful robust and maintainable Automation strategy and automation framework for FitXR Backend and Frontend system which supports continuous integration and testing.
🧘♂️ 40-hour working week (core working hours 10-4.30)
💴 Six-monthly pay reviews
💻 Brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do