Paddle are looking for a Value Strategist to join their team.
What do we do?
As the SaaS space expands, there’s more potential than ever for growing software companies.
Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
This is where you come in!
As our GTM evolves to serve more and more large B2B SaaS companies, so does our commitment to deliver value across the customer lifecycle. As a Value Strategist, you will lead the development and adoption of a company-wide customer value approach that creates higher levels of success and revenue growth for our customers. We are looking for an ambitious professional who has experience and drive to develop this methodology and build a value practice at Paddle.
You will report to the VP Sales and work with our wider commercial on driving a value led approach to engaging customers. You’ll play a key role in the success of our global sales team and helping us execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Paddle the default solution for SaaS businesses.The role:
As a Value Strategist, you will collaborate with the Commercial and Product organisations to create a winning, value-based strategy focused on the business value of Paddle’s solution for our prospective customers. You will help execute on that strategy by running workshops and developing business cases for the customer. You will also support the Customer Success team in the identification of business value achieved by existing customers.
What you'll do:
- Be the lead person to drive valuable insights from our current data sets that can be leveraged externally to promote Paddle capabilities (working with marketing) and internally (influence product roadmap, influence data engineering roadmap, RevOps capabilities, etc.) to improve our value orientation and capabilities.
- Understand, calculate and represent the Paddle value proposition to prospective and existing customers by creating executive level presentations targeted at C-level customer audiences
- Develop a “mystery shopper” engagement process and tools that can support outbound ABM campaigns to larger sellers.
- Lead the development of an industrialized ROI tool and process where we can deliver a ‘personalized ROI’ for all customers.
- Work with Sales Enablement to educate and arm the sales and success organisations with relevant collateral and supporting training on value propositions
- Play an active role in account and deal strategy and participate in deal reviews
- Help plan (and hopefully lead) what the longer terms Customer Value Practice at Paddle looks like
- Build strong relationships and influence senior decision makers (CxO, VPs, Directors) across customer organisations.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- Demonstrable experience in a management consulting firm or software company with a focus on value management/engineering or sales transformation
- Sales GTM experience working with strategic deals, account teams and/or projects
- Deep financial analysis and modeling skills including the ability to educate non-financial roles in concepts such as ROI, IRR, TCO etc.
- Strong executive presence and written communication skills including the business alignment of customer strategy and digital transformation business cases
- Strong familiarity of SaaS businesses, growth models and an understanding of product led growth businesses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the payment and billing industry and the business processes, vernacular & tools across the Revenue Delivery space.
- Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo with customers
- Analytical and numerically strong. Confidently speak to relevant business concepts such as ROI, MRR, NDR, Churn, Expansion, Payment Authorisations etc
- Passionate about staying current with industry trends, technologies and innovations
- Understanding of technology procurement and provisioning lifecycle
- Bachelor's degree (preferred emphasis in Finance or accounting)
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 150 and growing people. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Solve for the Customer
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely or from our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and external training.
Our mission is to help software companies succeed — enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of companies rely on our e-commerce platform to sell their software products globally, as well as our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
Deloitte Fast 50 named us amongst the fastest growing software companies in the UK four years running, and we’ve raised over $93m in funding from incredible investors such as FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North.
We believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer.