We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the Role...
Our Compliance department is looking for talented Compliance Analysts to join the team in Cardiff to oversee all aspects of regulatory and legal compliance applicable to the company.
This will include but is not limited to:
Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
Economic / financial sanctions
Payment Services / E-money Directive
The role of the Compliance Analyst will be to ensure that an appropriate and comprehensive compliance framework has been both developed and implemented in these and other areas. This role will act as our specialist compliance adviser to the business.
This role is shift-based and will require the candidate to commit to 09:00 - 17.30 and 14.00 - 22.30 shifts on a weekly rotation basis.
- Conduct a review of clients' applications at the point of onboarding
- Carry out enhanced customer due diligence (ECDD) and know-your-customer (KYC) on new clients
- Conduct sanction/PEP screening and investigate potential hits
- Conduct monitoring of existing applications to ensure that documentation is up to date
- Support data-protection compliance
- Complete Compliance administration (record training, keeping client records up-to-date) as required
- Analyse payment and compliance data to identify trends and patterns
- Review the effectiveness of current monitoring rules and settings and provide feedback on ways to optimise
- Continuously review current processes and suggest improvements to the process as well as systems used
- Work cross-departmental to proactively identify and resolve operational compliance queries
- Undertake assigned Compliance project work
- Identification and reporting of suspicious activity to relevant global financial intelligence units
- Proactively escalate urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review
- Keep up-to-date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a methodical manner with high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to manage assigned tasks to ensure daily targets are met
- An accountable worker who takes ownership of cases from start to finish
- Team player who enjoys working with others in order to achieve a shared goal efficiently and effectively
- Ability to reprioritise and multitask at short notice to meet tight deadlines
- Have an interest in having a career in Compliance within the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
- Be articulate, numerate, organised, hardworking and able to build excellent relationships.