We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Accountant to join a world-class financial
control team to assume responsibility for managing our UK and international
payrolls. The successful applicant will proactively manage a broad variety of payroll
tasks, taking a leading role on international payroll compliance (including the US),
payroll system implementation and payroll reporting. This includes processing
changes on a timely basis and providing input and guidance on payroll and
employment tax issues to the wider finance team, HR teams, and outsourced service
providers. Ultimately, ensuring successful completion of the payroll as well as
compliance with employment tax legislation in each jurisdiction.
- Oversee UK, US and international payroll operations, including ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processing and compliance with local regulations
- Prepare payroll journals and other month end tasks to ensure accurate financial reporting of staff costs
- Develop relationships and oversee non-UK payroll processing services of external payroll service providers
- Drive process standardization, automation and continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in accordance with company policies and legislative compliance requirements
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and support internal and external audits
- Proactively function as a trusted advisor and serve as a contact from Payroll for business partners and key stakeholders
- Develop strong partnerships with Finance, HR, Tax and Legal to ensure holistic delivery of payroll outcomes (tax, compliance, reporting, etc.)
- Collaborate and partner with cross functional business partners to support the execution of our global mobility program
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and implementing required changes in our payroll process
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Must have 2-3 years UK payroll experience, including strong knowledge of statutory requirements
- Experience of other global locations including the US and Europe is desirable
- Knowledge of benefits and other remuneration payments including bonus and Salary Sacrifice pension schemes
- Extensive experience working with external payroll service providers
- Must be a critical thinker; must have excellent analytical skills, the ability to use excellent judgment and effective decision-making skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, self-driven and self-directed with strong ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
- Excellent partner management, relationship development, and influencing skills
- Good attention to detail with the ability to analyse and challenge data to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of building internal and external relationships
- Comfortable documenting procedures to a high standard as well as driving process improvements