SilverRail Technologies are looking for a Product Owner - SilverCore to join their team.
*Please note this role is a hybrid remote working role. We are ideally looking for someone who is commutable to our London office 1-2 times per month*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. It’s faster, cheaper, greener, and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is ever important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
As a key member of the SilverRail Product and Engineering team, you will help define the functional architecture and design for SilverCore - our SAAS solution for global rail distribution. SilverCore aggregates ticket offerings from multiple rail carriers around the world into a normalized and easily-consumable common transactional API that supports the full booking lifecycle from shopping through to settlement. Each new rail company we integrate into the system presents different challenges, so you will need to understand both the business and technical side of rail distribution in order to effectively plan and scope the necessary API changes. You will interact directly with key customers and suppliers in the rail and travel market to gather requirements, assist with business development initiatives, and formulate strategies for building solutions that enable SilverRail Technologies and our customers to improve their positioning in the industry.
This position will be the hands-on interface between product and the scrum team (engineering). You will be responsible for championing the change, providing the detailed direction and planning, and representing the technical and functional needs of the customer within the scrum. The role is a critical hands-on delivery role requiring strong organisation and coordination skills, great communication, strong technical aptitude and a passion for owning a solution space.
Our offices (and your teammates!) are based in Boston, London, Brisbane and Stockholm. We work on a hybrid WFO/WFH remote basis with ideally 1-2 days in our beautiful central London office.
- Work with rail providers to understand their business functions and technologies
- Accurately and appropriately map those business functions for integration into the SilverCore API
- Participate in the development of the product roadmap
- Create comprehensive product requirement documents, functional specifications, use cases, process flows, and sequence diagrams
- Participate in the definition and prioritization of software releases and product plans
- Serve as product owner for agile development team
- Work with the Development and QA teams to ensure the successful implementation of product features
- Management of the product and task backlog (Jira) – helping guide great prioritisation decisions and organising work for scrum teams that achieves effective, efficient and timely outcomes
- Work with delivery team to assist customers with implementation and certification, and help diagnose and triage customer reported issues
- Identify market opportunities to improve products
- The ideal candidate has at least 2+ years of experience as a product owner, technical analyst, or software developer. However, we're more interested in seeing how your skills match up than length of your resume.
- Project management experience is a plus
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with APIs
- Proficiency writing user stories, product requirements and specifications for SAAS applications
- Ability to communicate precisely and clearly, lacking ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Displays willingness to take on challenges, and flexibility towards shifting priorities
- Ability to serve as a liaison between development team and internal and external business teams
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Establishes healthy relationships based on mutual respect
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Takes responsibility and is self-accountable for product quality
- Prior experience in the global travel industry and/or familiarity with the rail market
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!
*Unfortunately at this time we are unable to offer sponsorship on this role*