An opportunity to work in an cross-functional role, evolving and scaling Farfetch business from a Corporate Finance and Strategy angle as a Senior Analyst in the Corporate Development team, working on M&A, investments, partnerships and other strategic growth opportunities
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're a global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team in Porto focuses on financial reporting and operations, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Corporate Development, Tax, Treasury and Commercial Finance. All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to tell our story with data.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
You will have the opportunity to work in an incredibly cross-functional role, helping to evolve and scale Farfetch business from a Corporate Finance and Strategy angle through heavy involvement in Corporate and Financial Strategy, M&A, investments and partnerships. You will support in transaction execution and in performing holistic financial assessments (of pre- and post-deal impacts) through collaborating and working closely with the Group Financial Reporting, Tax, Legal and Finance Integration teams on our frequent M&A transactions/deals
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support executive decision-making about strategic projects, resource allocation, taking into account other available opportunities and Return on investment
- Identify and understand key drivers of a business and potential deal blockers (financial and non-financial)
- Conduct and project manage an in depth financial due diligence (both buy-side and sell-side) process and write comprehensive reports, prioritising challenges, and impacts to valuation and financial models
- Supporting work performed in conjunction with the Group Financial Reporting, Tax and Legal teams (and external advisors) on M&A deal structures and their financial reporting impacts
- Interaction with senior levels of Finance team, and exposure to business owners
WHO YOU ARE
- M&A transaction execution experience at a major financial services / accounting firm
- You have a Chartered Accountancy qualification (or equivalent)
- You have experience from practice or industry of IFRS including latest developments (specifically IFRS 15, 16 and 9)
- Due diligence experience for M&A and investments, understanding of valuation mechanics (including EV to Equity Value bridges), and financial modelling of forecasts and discounted cash flows
- Project and process management skills
- Academic background in Economics, Maths or similar degree, and experience of similar working environments and / or sector (technology, luxury) ideal
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!