Browns Fashion are looking for a Senior People Manager.
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop-shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
We put people first and at the heart of everything we do. Together, we partner with the business to help foster a culture where our people are inspired to live our values every day and to support our mission to be the coolest (and kindest) multi-channel boutique in the world! We exist to make the employee experience the best it can be at every single step on the journey, and to build an environment where every person can thrive.
Our London Head Office is based in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People more. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Head of People - UK, and leading a team of Partners, the role will partner with the Browns Managing Director and Senior Leadership team and work with the FARFETCH People Team to lead on designing the Browns People Strategy. You will improve the bigger picture and also act operationally to transform people strategies into action.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create strategic partnerships across the business namely with the Managing Director, Senior Leadership Team and People team Centre of Excellence, to co-create a holistic people strategy.
- Encourage discussions driving important people programmes.
- Design, implement and improve people initiatives (also including UK wide projects), in collaboration with partners across the company, using people data to provide insight, trends and recommendations on key areas of focus.
- Ensure organisational structure and processes are in place.
- Be a trusted partner to the business and a member of your business senior leadership team.
- Lead and develop junior team members (People Business Partners and an Advisor) that support Browns, leading with empathy, inclusion and compassion.
- Work closely with the UK People Operation Manager to ensure there are compliant and seamless people processes and data integrity (including payroll).
WHO YOU ARE
- A strategic HR generalist with exposure to a progressive industry (retail experience is preferable).
- You excel in coaching and developing others.
- Confident in partnering with senior leaders and Executive Board members, with an ability to work with local teams to influence.
- A collaborator - you enjoy strengthening relationships and working cross functionally.
- HR expert with strong technical knowledge including organisational design, learning and development, compensation and incentive practices, performance management, and UK employment law.
- Be experienced in identifying risks and opportunities to improve, presenting solutions in a structured and creative way that challenges the status quo.
- You are able to share complex and detailed information in a visually digestible way.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Equity within the Farfetch group and annual bonus/or commission.
- 33 day holidays per year plus holiday trading.
- Flexible benefits - Private Insurance, Dental Insurance, Season Ticket Loan, Employee Saving's Isa's, ClassPass and more
- Discount of 50% off at Browns
- Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance & Pension Scheme.
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.