We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
We’re looking for a talented Senior Compliance Analyst to join our New Business Onboarding team. This role would be an ideal role for a Junior KYC Analyst looking to take the next steps in their career. We are ideally looking for someone who had previously dealt with the onboarding of a variety of regulated clients such as Payment Institutions and other Financial Institutions.
- Responsible for onboarding Financial Institutions, Payment Institutions and Corporates in a myriad of industries and jurisdictions
- Assisting the Team Lead in managing any new opportunities
- Carrying out know-your-customer (KYC) and Know-your-business (KYB) checks
- Reviewing and assessing a client’s regulatory cover
- Performing Risk Assessments on new clients
- Assessing the effectiveness of each clients AML framework
- Undertaking onboarding calls to identify potential gaps within the client’s AML procedures
- Conducting KYC Refreshes on existing New Business clients
- Evaluating transactional activity of clients
- Proactively escalating urgent cases to the MLRO/DMLRO for further review
- Complete Compliance administration (such as keeping client records up to date)
- Participate in regular reviews of departmental procedures and identify potential areas for improvement
- Work cross-departmentally to proactively identify and resolve any queries and complaints
- Keep up to date with current and future regulatory changes that affect the business and use this knowledge to proactively suggest improvements to compliance policies and procedures
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Has an understanding of AML regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast thinker and quick learner with the ability to work effectively under pressure, in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent team working skills, capable of managing own workload and has tenacious attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work by taking the impact and scale of the work into consideration, as well as manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to analyse information to formulate questions and recommendations