We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
This role sits within the Regulatory Compliance team at Currencycloud, reporting into the Regulatory Manager. The Regulatory Analyst will be responsible for ensuring Currencycloud Ltd meets its regulatory compliance obligations in the UK, developing internal policies and procedures (that are not AML related), promoting the global regulatory approach of the business and carrying out regulatory research relevant to the business challenges and needs.
The regulatory Analyst is responsible for helping with regulatory matters impacting the business. This diverse and varied role involves working across all business units to provide support and advice and ensuring that the company meets the regulatory requirements in the UK. The Regulatory Analyst will support the Regulatory Manager with maintaining the Group’s regulatory requirements at group level and deliver the implementation of those requirements in the business and manage their impact across the board.
The role involves researching regulatory issues, producing timely and accurate recommendations, liaising with external and internal stakeholders and submitting returns, notifications and filings in line with the requirements.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of regulatory reports and returns to the FCA and other applicable regulators
- Development and ongoing review of internal policies and procedures (not AML related)
- Carrying out regulatory research relevant to the business and communicating findings in a clear, simple and concise manner
- Communicating regulatory requirements to the business and advising the business on day-to-day regulatory issues in regards to its clients and services in line with business policies
- Retrieving input from Regulatory Managers in different locations of the Group
- Reviewing clients’ licences and ensuring they hold the right licence to support their business/services
- Supporting the business on the implementation and impact of new regulations, laws, rules and guidance into products and services
- Supporting the business with handling complaints and drafting responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Identifying regulatory gaps in the business and providing an appropriate solution and communicate it to relevant stakeholders in the business
- Responding to regulatory risks identified and recommending actions to reduce/limit the risks
- Providing input and support to the Regulatory Manager with horizon scanning of the regulatory landscape relevant to Currencycloud and other regulatory matters as might be required from time to time
- Identifying training needs and providing relevant training to the business when required
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Time-efficient with exceptional organisational skills
- Strong communicator – both verbally and in writing
- Self-starter and capable of working to own initiative
- Inquisitive and confident in questioning the status quo
- Good team player