We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
Either based in the UK or the Netherlands and fluent in German, you will act as the key person linking marketing and sales for a given segment. You will devise and manage a segment marketing strategy, and own the full spectrum of external marketing for a given segment creating, delivering and evaluating marketing campaigns.
Acting as a trusted advisor to the Sales and RM teams, you will work with Sales Development Reps to build top of the funnel marketing campaigns for prospects to drive leads and opportunities.
You will also work with Sales Consultants, Account Managers and Customer Success Managers to provide sales enablement that will drive revenue. For example, this may translate to marketing campaigns with segment-specific collateral, segment-specific events, and segment-specific thought leadership.
You will ensure there is a regular drumbeat of social media content related to your segment, and that our digital marketing footprint is aligned to your segment strategy.
You’ll love executing a wide variety of marketing campaigns, setting ambitious goals and KPIs for campaigns, and delivering ROI. The role holder will have the unique ability to understand the depth and breadth of a given segment and be seen as an expert for that segment. They will also excel in building relationships, becoming a trusted advisor to the sales and RM teams, and enabling sales by translating their knowledge of the segment into actionable marketing campaigns.
This role reports to the Head of EMEA Marketing based in London.
- Speaking to customers, sales teams, and industry contacts, build a base of knowledge for your segment to enable building a cohesive strategy. Research the segment to further develop thinking and inform your marketing strategy and plan
- Define the internal and external ‘story’ for your segment, ensuring it aligns to our overall marketing story and company goals and corporate journey
- Develop a marketing strategy for your segment covering all prospect/customer touchpoints
- Prospects (Lead/Opportunity generation)
- Prospects (L2W conversion)
- Customers (Supporting installed based)
- The marketing strategy should cover all elements of the marketing mix, with a goal of sales enablement
- The strategy for the segment should be defined by clear KPIs and an ROI
- Specific campaigns that are built and delivered as part of your strategy should have trackable metrics and align with your overall strategic objectives
- It is imperative that the segment strategy is built in collaboration with sales and RM teams, and that all objectives, KPIs, metrics are agreed upon with the sales team at the start of a campaign with a shared understanding of how marketing and sales will work together to deliver a campaign
- You should be viewed as an expert in your segment, evidenced by the close relationships you will hold with your colleagues across the company
- Deliver the segment strategy and campaigns you have created
- Ensure that sales enablement covers the full mix of sales support tools available to deliver your campaigns (incl. but not limited to
- Events (Proprietary)
- Events (Sponsorship)
- Thought Leadership
- Automated marketing
- Work with your segment team to understand new product initiatives and product updates that relate to your segment. Translate product strategy into ongoing segment campaigns
- Work with the Head of Communications to understand the corporate communication strategy and translate relevant communication initiatives into your segment
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business – in particular sales and RMs, but also Implementation, Operations, and Product (to name just a few!
- Data-driven approach – base your decisions on facts rather than opinions
- Demonstrate ROI on all activity
- Complete any other ad hoc duties as required
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Minimum of six years experience in a similar marketing role
- Understanding of different marketing disciplines, and the ability to deliver campaigns across the breadth of the marketing mix
- Understanding of Salesforce desired, but not required
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to build strategy, but also roll-up sleeves and do the delivery
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Understanding of the payment industry, tech background (SaaS/PaaS) preferred