We are a remote-first company; whichever location you’re contracted to, we leave it up to you and your manager to agree on how often you come into the office. To make things easier we offer an allowance so you can create your own working space at home because we REALLY mean it when we say remote first.
Your health and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and so our jampacked Employee Benefits reflect this!
We offer a competitive salary, an individual learning and development budget, a pension or 401K contribution, mental health days and comprehensive health care that includes annual optical and dental allowances, access to Mental Health support and a monthly allowance that you can spend on anything health or wellness related!
At the moment we are unable to consider applicants living outside of our entities and we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship.
We aren’t currently looking for additional Recruiter support on this role and won’t be accepting any unsolicited CVs
Currencycloud is somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are an open & collaborative Fintech unicorn that lives and breathes our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
About the role...
The role of the Transaction Screening Team Lead will be to own the day-to-day running of the Transaction Screening team. We are looking for someone who is self-driven, highly analytical, a natural leader able to motivate and inspire team members to excel.
The Transaction screening Team Lead will report into the Transaction Monitoring Manager.
- Manage the day to day running of the Transaction Screening functions--notably, reviewing real time transaction alerts, requests from our banking partners and B.V alerts
- Be the initial person of contact for any real-time payment and transaction screening related queries
- Coach and actively develop the Transaction Screening Analyst team
- Be the escalation point for complex transaction screening-related queries from the team
- Be responsible to achieve SLA’s while continuously reviewing and adjusting where required
- Proactively identify trends and potential issues in services and resolve before any disruption occurs
- Work closely with the Transaction Monitoring Manager, Post Transaction Team Lead, Investigations Manager, and Product Owner to identify and implement improvements to the process as well as systems used
- Perform a capacity tracker monthly to ensure that the team is not over stretched and if needed reach out for further resources/come up with a solution to reduce workload
- Take ownership of the weekly MI, understanding the data and reasoning behind changes
- Ensure that the watchlist review is done on a quarterly basis adding any new sanctioned banks and crypto exchanges to our internal WL
- Take control of the quarterly QA - reviewing the findings and put an enhancement plan in place to improve any findings found
- Be a champion of CC culture and values
- Line manager of both senior and junior members
- Recognize team vulnerabilities and act on this - be a support to your analysts in time of hardship - be human
- Be the one who inspires and motivates the team
- Conduct monthly QA and provide feedback
- Conduct 121s and quarterly appraisals
- Escalate staff performance issues to management
- Execute performance management program when required
- Holiday approvals and sick day record keeping
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise...
- Self-driven, highly analytical
- A natural leader able to motivate and inspire team members to excel
- Have exceptional organisational skills and pay attention to detail
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence others
- Ability to prioritise work by taking the impact and scale of the work into consideration, as well as manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to get your hands dirty