SilverRail Technologies are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join their team.
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. It’s faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
Behind SilverRail's global expansion is a cloud infrastructure built and maintained by the Site Reliability Engineer’s (SRE’s). Our SRE’s provide site reliability services across all technical operations including our core production applications, engineering & UAT systems, cloud, virtualization and storage systems, and our public and private networks.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities
- Participate in an agile Scrum product engineering team made up of a mixture of software, test and cloud engineers .
- Manage operational aspects of our existing product suites in a complex environment undergoing technological transformation, security and compliance management, high availability design and disaster recovery planning.
- Continuously work to improve our agility by influencing our rapidly evolving cloud capabilities, sharing ideas and results broadly and by removing technical debt.
- Own our deployment process to ensure SLA adherence, correct orchestration and clear communication.
- Work independently on system wide issues/failures that require an ability to analyse situations through review of relevant factors and/or consultation with more senior experts.
- Repeatedly apply good judgement in selecting methods, tools or techniques for obtaining solutions. This can be demonstrated by managing the process around implementation of the solution with respect to team members and also technical system integration.
- Monitor, participate in and introduce industry level thought leadership into our team to ensure we are always striving for technical excellence. Considerable responsibility is placed on the individual to avoid technical debt building up due to systems, tools and technical solutions going out of date or falling behind industry standard or norms. This will require constant but constructive challenge of the engineering status quo.
- Customer focused by always striving for high customer satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and proactive
- Will balance listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed. Uses diagrams frequently to explore systems.
- Naturally take ownership (initiative) of work, doing what is needed without being asked and following through on tasks.
- Being helpful, respectful, approachable, collegial and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Developed professional expertise and can apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of team or technical issues. Can make significant progress without the need for constant feedback.
- Is an active member of our team and gives timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers. Mentors junior members of the team. Consistently demonstrates company values in interactions with colleagues and customers. Supports others in new concepts.
- Understand, communicate and demonstrate a clear understanding of the entire SDLC and engineering’s position and responsibility across it. Engagement is active in team wide structuring, resourcing, workflow management. This is all to help maintain visibility and transparency of engineering capabilities, blockages and concerns to the wider business and therefore requires communication with a diverse range of (non-technical) stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- The most important attribute is that you have 3-5 years of work experience in a DevOps Culture where people of different disciplines collaborate on a daily basis. This is our environment, and we are looking for people who can drive this culture further.
- It’s important that you have comprehensive knowledge of CI/CD concepts, and working knowledge of Kubernetes and AWS.
- It would be highly regarded if you have a diverse background, have experience with Ops and development work, are able to read and write code as well as troubleshoot Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience with Atlassian stack (Jira, Wiki, Bamboo etc.) , Git, Artifactory, Packer, Terraform, Azure AD and knowledge of DNS and SSL is beneficial.
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A beautiful office space with incredible city views!
- An additional 5 days annual leave on the australian standard
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our team's health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, additional annual leave days and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!