FitXR are looking for a Product Designer UX to join their team.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
As a Product Designer (UX) you will be responsible for creating outstanding experiences for users working across multiple features and teams. Through your extensive craft and experience you will be trusted to lead the development of experiences for all aspects of the product, and while doing so you will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help us continue building world-class VR experiences.
- Experience in user-centered design and delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, design specifications, final assets as well as personas and use case development.
- Work alongside UI/UX artists and designers to implement front-end solutions.
- Help establish and improve our product design and product thinking pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Advocate and promote user-centered design methodologies.
- Help define interactions, overlays and transitions.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Deep understanding of Design systems, information architecture, design patterns and interaction design.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Create and deliver prototypes and R&D that ultimately validates design thinking and aesthetics.
- Experience working within a subscription model app or product
- Relevant experience in a similar role with multiple games/products shipped.
- A portfolio showcasing your Product Design and prototyping skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a timely manner.
- Skilled with design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects and Adobe XD.
- Deep understanding of User Experience and Product Design trends.
- Strong problem-solving skills and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to various audiences to all levels of seniority, from C-level to contributors.
- Proven ability to balance working across projects to define, manage and prioritize work effectively.
- Good communication and attitude towards feedback and collaboration.
- Familiarity and ability to promote and manage appropriate usability testing and user research endeavours.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of UI/UX production in Unity.
- Experience leading and mentoring design teams.
- Ability to implement data-driven holistic solutions for the product.
- Experience balancing product, development and user-driven objectives to contribute to the product strategy.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment and on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability in secondary areas such as Project Management or Motion Design.
- Previous AR/VR experience is a plus.
What you'll measure success by:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, to find best solutions and get buy-in from key stakeholders and cross-functional partners to achieve business impact.
- Delivering wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, design specifications, and final assets to a very high standard and setting the bar for the rest of the team.
- Proficiency building and maintaining design systems.
- Presents work to internal teams and leaders, clearly articulating design rationale through prototypes, documentation and presentations.
- Excellent proficiency in core Product Design elements such as user journeys, layout, typography and iconography.
- Ability to take a step back and think about the larger picture while leading teams through the ambiguity and organizational shifts of a start-up spearheading AR/VR adoption.
- Mastery and experience working across multiple efforts and products.
Our principles of play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 six-monthly pay reviews
💻 brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy, the average FitXR takes 35 days
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do