Unmind are looking for an Operations Executive to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join us as an Operations Executive.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Operations Executive
This is a hugely exciting new role and the second hire into the Operations team working alongside Sarah, our Senior Operations Lead.
As Operations Executive, you will help to deliver, coordinate, and communicate our global operations strategy across the entire organisation, working with stakeholders from every department.
This role will be integral to the growth of Unmind, assisting the Operations department to consistently improve our organisational effectiveness and efficiency. The successful candidate will be extremely bright, candid, and ambitious, with a drive to consistently optimise processes and ways of working.
In this role, you’ll get to:
We are looking for someone to help implement all of Unmind's operational endeavours. The Operations Executive role is incredibly varied, and no two days will be the same. Areas of responsibility range from reporting on OKRs and KPIs, coordinating whole-company meetings, helping to deliver our hybrid working policies, or hosting team events and workshops.
Here’s how your skills and interests will come to life at Unmind:
- Deliver: Assist in the delivery of our global operations strategy, working alongside our Senior Operations Lead to ensure our projects are completed to the highest standard.
- Coordinate: Ensure consistencies across Operations projects, including the reporting of KPIs, documenting OKRs, and helping to execute key company events.
- Refine: Bring rigour and consistency to all internal ways of working e.g. optimising Unmind for hybrid work. Methodically fine-tune processes whilst replacing any that create friction as we scale, often working autonomously.
- Communicate: Lead internal messaging and business updates, including ownership of our weekly internal newsletter, and shape the agenda for our fortnightly all-hands meetings.
- Connect: Grow our knowledge sharing, collaboration, and efficacy between teams and individuals across timezones, as well as in our London office.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Experienced working in start-ups or scaling organisations. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of what successful startup operations look like in practice.
- A strategic problem-solver; you identify issues before they escalate and proactively find solutions in a timely manner. You are always seeking to improve processes and solve causes of friction, no matter the size or scale.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written. You will need to condense large amounts of information into articulate and easily understood messaging for every member of the organisation, collaborating with multiple stakeholders. You are confident presenting in front of large groups and communicating with teams members in any role.
- Detail orientated and driven to make incremental changes that add up to a huge difference. You are comfortable identifying trends and insights from large data sets, and can see the 'big picture' amongst small details.
- Able to proactively seek out improvements across our operational processes, using the latest research to identify optimal ways of working.
- Highly autonomous and proactive; you don't require (or enjoy) micro-management and are happiest with a large amount of freedom to set your working pace and style.
- Tech-native, ideally adept at using Notion or similar platforms.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and improving people’s lives, you are excited to join a team of kind, empathetic, and talented colleagues.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace