Unmind are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer - Wellbeing to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Full Stack Engineer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role - Senior Full Stack Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join our Wellbeing Collective, a group of teams that look after our core product experience with the ultimate goal of ensuring that Unmind is an engaging product, with a high level of active users.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at Unmind
Build - You will be responsible for solving complex problems, working closely with your cross-functional team, initially focusing on features that guide our users through their personal wellbeing journey.
Own - You will be involved from ideation to deployment and beyond as we build key features of our platform and product. You will take the architectural lead for some of the features or services your team owns, and guide your team in finding the right balance between technical excellence and delivery of value that brings you closer to your team's North Star.
Drive - As a Senior member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for contributing to technical discussions and will be involved in decision-making to ensure that Unmind is always using the most appropriate technologies and tools for the job.
Collaborate -You will work within a cross-functional team, consisting of Product Managers, Designers, Engineering Lead and Full-Stack Engineers, with various collaborators and stakeholders across the business such as Psychology & Data Team.
Mentor - As a Senior Engineer within the team you will be responsible for mentoring more junior members of the team as they navigate their careers with Unmind. You will also drive quality and engineering best-practice within the team.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience of the following is important for the role.
- Experience of working at a Senior level as a Full-Stack Engineer. We don’t mind if you’ve previously leaned more towards the front or backend but it would be useful if you have an appreciation for both.
- Experience with most of our Tech Stack (Node.js, React, Typescript, GraphQL, ES2015, AWS, Cloud-based application development)
- Experience of working in an agile environment with good engineering standards (testing, continuous improvement, frequent deployment)
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns
- Excited to play a part in making Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace