Goodlord are looking for a Customer Support Hero to join their team.
We're looking to find two Customer Support Heroes to join our team based primarily in our London HQ - Spitalfields.
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best-renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for Customer Support Heroes to help us achieve this.
We are still a relatively small team, so there's no room for coasting along. We're looking for grafters, self-starters, who can keep up with the pace and who are ready, willing and able to get their hands dirty and want to make a real difference, to join our gang.
In return, you’ll find a group of friendly people who take the work seriously but not ourselves, and who are madly passionate about our brand and our values. We also have fun parties, regular socials, love cakes, love dogs and quite simply just care about our people.
If you're ambitious, excel at what you do, thrive under pressure and want to help us add a few more impressive things to our list of achievements, then we'd love to hear from you.
About the Role
As an operational team, Customer Support is a team with passion and problem-solving at its core. As a Customer Support Hero, you’ll really get to have your finger on the pulse of the business, interacting and working closely alongside all teams to provide a Customer Delight experience, making our customers rave about us as well as directly helping to create an even better product and customer service.
From day one, you'll need to immerse yourself in the company and build your knowledge of our evolving platform and Goodlord's array of products aimed at making renting simple and transparent for everyone.
In this role, you’ll be troubleshooting user queries via live chat, phone, and our email contact channels. You'll need to work across the business with our other operational teams on internal escalations and investigate technical issues, as well as supporting launches of new product features.
This job and environment is not for everyone, but if you like to work hard, take pride in what you do and relish the thought of working and collaborating with bright, motivated and interesting people then we’d love to hear from you.
The day to day stuff:
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced team where you’re encouraged to take on as much responsibility as you can. Your drive and imagination is your limit, not your job title. But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Working on live chat, phone, email to solve challenging mainly technical issues for our customers
- Identifying root causes for simple issues which cause customers to contact us repeatedly - and helping us solve them
- Implementing creative solutions to proactively resolve potential issues for customers
- Managing/contributing to projects aimed at optimising resolution workflows and improving the Customer experience
- Being an advocate for our users and working directly with our Development team to help improve our products
- Collaborating with other operational teams on internal escalation of issues and implementing new product features
- Help us become an industry-leading and award-winning customer service team, where the emphasis is on delighting the customer rather than merely satisfying them
We’re looking for people who are passionate about providing world-class customer service, who are genuinely excited by the prospect of working at such a fast-paced and growing technological environment, and who have and can clearly demonstrate; empathy, exceptional communication, problem-solving and analytical skills, resilience, drive and who will also challenge the status quo and continually strive for improvement.
You’ll be a confident and talented problem-solver, with a knack for clearly explaining and resolving complex issues, and who fundamentally wants to do a good job.
- you are able to switch between platforms with speed and accuracy
- you have a great degree from a good university/equivalent qualification or equivalent practical experience
- you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- your written and spoken English are envied by others
- you’re a quick-thinker and can diffuse difficult conversations with empathy and humour
- you’re super organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you are energetic, creative, curious and confident
- you are full of ideas, are not shy about expressing them and get excited about executing them
- you have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
And it would be super great if:
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
More About Us
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Why You'll Love Being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application.
Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **