In the role as Senior Sustainable Business Executive, you will be an important part of the Sustainable Business team and work with senior leaders both in the team and throughout FARFETCH.
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
COMMERCIAL & SUSTAINABILITY
We're partnering with the world's best brands, boutiques and department stores to provide our customers with a unique shopping experience and access to the most extensive selection of luxury on a single platform. We work with all areas of FARFETCH to achieve business success and to improve our social and environmental impact. We want to empower our consumers to think, act and choose positively while offering an unrivalled range of fashion to empower their individuality.
Our London office is located in Old Street, London's tech hub, and is home to a broad range of teams including Commercial, Marketing, and Product. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideas, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainable Business you will focus on the cleaner pillar of our Positively FARFETCH strategy and help ensure we reach our 2030 goal: to be Climate Positive.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the FARFETCH carbon footprinting process, working with multiple teams across the business to create a yearly carbon footprint report following the GHG protocol. Create engaging insights to share with teams across the business and promote action on climate change.
- Manage progress against Farfetch GROUP's climate targets, across carbon, energy, water, waste and biodiversity
- Develop processes so individuals and the business can understand the carbon impact of decisions and projects to aid in priorities
- Project manage carbon reduction (and other environmental projects) projects from logistics, to product, to packaging
- Project manage internal and external engagement activities, engaging employees, partners and customers in reducing their carbon footprint
- Manage all external communications related to environmental impacts, ensuring all data is reliable and up to date
- Mange all external climate related relationships and reporting requirements e.g. to the UNFCCC, Fashion Pact and The CDP
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience working in a sustainability role in the fashion or tech industry
- Open to working on a 12 month fixed term contract position
- Have experience in carbon footprinting either in-house or working with a third-party
- Great at project management and relationship management skills
- Good at defining priorities and work plans
- Excel skills (can build and maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Passionate about the ability of the business to promote positive change
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- FARFETCH Equity plan and annual discretionary bonus
- Flexible benefits - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Gym Memberships, Pension scheme and more
- Critical Illness Insurance and Life Assurance
- Access to Unmind: an independent and completely confidential digital mental health platform
- Flexible working environment and more!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.