FitXR are looking for a Scrum Master to join their team.
We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve this vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. We started life in a garden shed in Woking. Today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR, one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We have big plans for the future, and our growing team of developers, marketers and fitness gurus are working to create some truly iconic games to show that staying fit and having fun are not mutually exclusive.As Scrum Master you will be joining FitXR at an exciting time in our agile journey, we've scaled from a team of 20 to 70 in the last six months and continue to expand our product in both features and services. You will act as the glue between what we're building, how we're building and all things in between. You will be a centre of enthusiasm for agile practices, processes, team rituals and objective thinking and reporting.
- Facilitation of daily scrums - ensuring their value is high and the team remains tightly in sync.
- Ensure a high standard of team communication and inclusivity, between internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitation of sprint planning – protecting the team from over-committing and scope creep. Teaching and guiding the team on techniques for estimation, story writing, etc.,
- Facilitation of sprint reviews – ensuring it remains a working session and is not limited to a presentation.
- Facilitation of sprint retrospectives – enabling the Scrum Team to improve its practices, helping to maximise safety, and ensuring actions are prioritised in future sprints.
- Guiding and teaching the teams, ensuring they visualise their work and are able to track and report the agreed metrics, burn-up charts, etc.,
- Serving the teams by eliminating external blockers and managing internal roadblocks through process or workflow improvements.
You are accountable for the Scrum Team’s effectiveness and should be comfortable doing just about anything to help them succeed.
- A deep understanding of why it’s important for teams and organisations to achieve a high degree of agility.
- Strong working experience and knowledge with building success in remote teams and tools.
- A deep understanding of the Agile Principles including an appreciation for why fast feedback, collaboration, empowering teams and continuous improvement are important.
- A deep appreciation for the inner workings of the Scrum framework.
- Experience standing up new Scrum teams from scratch.
- An appreciation for what it takes to create and nurture healthy, high-performing teams.
- A natural tendency towards servant leadership - helping teams to increase their influence and gain autonomy.
- Excellent soft skills, including, strong situational awareness, conflict resolution, facilitation, communication and mentoring skills.
- Experience in the role of Scrum Master, bringing rigour to software development teams.
- Previous experience of working in a software development/ product delivery environment.
- A great deal of energy and enthusiasm.
- An understanding of how to get the best out of a fully remote team, in terms of tools and best communication practices.
- Experience working with Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts, such as, different team sizes, different organisations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.
- Involvement in the discovery (requirements analysis) process, and experience writing user stories and detailed acceptance criteria.
- An understanding of engineering best practices, such as TDD, BDD, CI, continuous testing, pair programming, code reviews, automated testing, etc.
- Jira administration experience including, JQL queries, etc.
- Games industry experience a bonus.
Our principles of play (aka Values)
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open-Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
🧘♂️ 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
💴 Six-monthly pay reviews
💻 Brand new equipment and VR headset
⛑ Private Health insurance
🧳 Unlimited leave policy
🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
📚 Learning budget - £800 per annum
🧘♂️ Wellness budget - £600 per annum
🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do