The purpose of the role is to build a team and develop a blueprint for all B2B stock movements. Applying your expertise in negotiating rates and tenders, you will be instrumental in implementing and championing best practice.
Our Operations team power the movement of our stock! The Farfetch Group stock pool is global, high value and complex to navigate. We have thousands of items being imported, exported, and transferred between our sites every single day. Now we are a publicly listed company experiencing phenomenal growth, Farfetch have a responsibility to ensure the processes and paperwork that underpin stock movements are of the highest standard, whilst reducing cost and complexity, and to reduce any risk to our business.
This role reports into the Farfetch Director of Fulfillment and you will work alongside our Global Operations teams and our network of global fulfilment partners. The purpose of the role is to build a team and develop a blueprint for all B2B stock movements. Applying your expertise in negotiating rates and tenders, you will be instrumental in implementing and championing best practice. Applying a commercial lens to everything you do, you will identify and remedy any risks which compromise the speed or cost of our stock movements and build long term solutions to drive continuous improvement.
What you'll do
- Define the parameters, and specifications required to build a B2B stock movement team, building a view of what great looks like, and aligning the team to this vision.
- Attract, recruit, and develop a new team to manage the B2B Operations
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the Farfetch Group such as the operations, supply chain and external stakeholders, to gain insight of current challenges and risks to compliance.
- Build the roadmap for the B2B Operations team, prioritising efforts and laying the foundations for excellence:
- Develop new processes
- The reporting of stock movement
- Share best practices in reporting and process
- Manage the commercial terms for our third party delivery partners.
- Manager supplier inbound compliance
- Facilitate warehouse – store movements
- Wholesale and partners – stock transfers
- Marketing, Production, Samples, and photoshoots
- Retail – stock transfers
Who you are
- Experienced in building new team functions from the ground up.
- Previous experience of Luxury fashion supply chain.
- Retail and E-commerce, with particular focus on multi-channel environments.
- Comfortable in a logistics and operations environment, with previous exposure to a warehouse and B2B stock movements
- Natural ability to build effective relationships throughout the business.
- Applicable customs and duty management system knowledge.
- Senior stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence all levels of the organization
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Agile and decisive
- Comfortable in complex challenges with a problem-solving approach