Elvie are looking for a Customer Care Lead to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you'll be doing in this role
You will be joining the Operations and Strategy team, reporting to the Head of Customer Experience and working closely with operations, product and marketing teams to lead our customer care function. With four products in the wild, expansion into new markets all the time and new product ideas that are set to become a reality, there’s an ever expanding customer base. We will look to you and your experience to scale our customer care service across the globe, whilst making sure we deliver a world class customer experience.
Steer the ship - you will bring strategic oversight to the customer care function. Leading and motivating our teams in the UK (4 direct reports), China and our outsourced partners (40+ agents), to deliver best in class experiences across the globe, whilst effectively managing our outsourced partners also. You will:
- Ensure the experience we deliver across our channels (live chat, email, phone, retail, social media and product reviews) and geographies is consistently excellent and on brand.
- Make sure our customer care continues to work efficiently and productively, continually monitoring the service for efficiencies. Elvie prides itself on being a lean, mean fat burning machine.
- Proactively spot patterns in the service being delivered, seeing where we can optimise our processes, tools or product experience, to make our customers happier.
- Have a holistic view of the whole service, from in-house teams, to retail partners to outsourced teams, overseeing training to delivery.
- Close the loop to ensure our regulated post-market surveillance duties are managed effectively, exceeding the minimum compliance requirements in all territories.
- Identify and drive changes to our new customer care structure in China.
- Make sure our third party partners are set up for success and are engaged/loyal to the brand, to reduce attrition
Data-driven advocacy - using a metric driven approach to delivering and reporting, you will work across all areas of the business, collaborating to make sure the customer remains at the centre of Elvie. You will:
- Set, review and provide regular reports on Customer Care KPIs. Highlight/escalate any areas of underperformance. These KPIs should be focussed on our ambition to delight rather than “resolve” issues.
- Monitor query volume, type and resolution, and highlight any areas of opportunity or shout about what your team needs to succeed. You will work closely with the product, operations and marketing teams to make sure our customer experience is cohesive.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments within the industry and monitor competitor activity, highlighting areas to keep us ahead of the curve.
- Identify ways to enhance and improve the self-service customer care experience to contain the ticket volume and control the need for additional resources.
- Identify needs and opportunities to increase/decrease the number of resources to manage additional volume (new product launch) and local language queries.
- Ensure Elvie offers the most appropriate opening hours/channels set up for our growing customer base.
- Utilise reports and data to ensure a solid communication loop between customer care and the product and operations teams, escalate any new product issue/trend for a fast resolution.
Deliver delight - you will ensure we continue to exceed customer expectations, turning issues into positive interactions with the brand. You will:
- ensure that only the best is good enough regarding customer care and deliverables – the SLA is the minimum service level and the team should be coached to consistently exceed customer expectations.
- support and mentor the needs of your team through training, briefing & first-line user coaching for our customer care teams.
- Benchmark Elvie customer care performance and services against our main competitors, constantly evaluate and suggest ways to improve our existing services.
- Experience of sourcing and managing outsourced customer care solutions, multi-channels and multi-lingual
- Experience of taking full ownership of a global customer care function
- Experience of leading manager-level employees (above agent/supervisor level), e.g. Escalations Manager or Performance Manager
- Experience of working in multi-skilled, cross functional teams to improve customer satisfaction
- An understanding of the challenges faced when offering customer service across different time zones and experience in excelling in this area
- Working knowledge of Customer Service best practices, systems and solution partners
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Interest in technology, women, their health and the impact and user requirements of our innovative products
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop your team into the best in class
Location: London, but we're flexible as long as you're happy to come into the office 2-3 days a week.
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 745 5201.