Goodlord are looking for a FP&A Manager to join their team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for a FP&A Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Finance, to help us achieve this.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- You will take ownership of the corporate forecasting model, which consolidates subsidiaries and is an integrated P&L, cashflow & balance sheet model
- Analyse the trends of KPIs, with commentary and recommendations on variances
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Ad-hoc business performance reporting
- Assistance in M&A modelling
- Provide financial information for fund and debt raising
- Support management team and the Heads of Department with ad hoc analysis
- Produce business insight reports
- Provide assistance with pricing
- Maintain accurate databases to provide the correct information on revenue and different products
- Revenue and sales forecasting
- Support with budgeting and forecasting processes
The knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in this role.
It is essential that you have:
- An Accountancy Qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Experience operating as an FP&A Analyst within an SME, and having responsibility for the whole budget/plan model that incorporates all 3 statements and is multi-year.
- A strong commercial finance background with advanced financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
and that you are:
- Comfortable building an integrated model (3 main statements)
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, going through change and transformation
- Able to produce clear graphical data representations & present data in a clear way for finance and non-finance professionals
- A proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
And it would be super great if you:
- have experience in cohort based reporting
- can use (and enjoy using) SQL
- know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the last year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Strictly NO AgenciesUnfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this role.We reserve the right to right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note all offers will be subject to satisfactory reference checks and as you will be working with financial information we’ll also need to complete a customer and DBS check. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer.**