Unmind are looking for an Information Security Officer to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as an Information Security Officer.
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind. k
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Information Security Officer
Working closely with the Information Security Manager to develop and implement Unmind’s Information Security strategy and GRC programs including ISO27001. We are looking for someone who can be hands-on and take ownership of certain information security activities within Unmind and play a key role in helping to manage the company's security posture, developing IT security policies and forming controls over the company’s information.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assistance with maintaining our ISO 27001 certification in our UK office and ensuring these controls are mirrored in our global offices.
- Managing information security aspects of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Monitoring, auditing and reporting on information security compliance and security risk across the information security management system.
- Advising and assisting with the investigation and remediation of information security incidents across all systems, offices and information.
- Assisting and contributing to Unmind's security, education and awareness programme.
- Contribute efforts to pre-sales Information security questionnaires and assist with client security queries when required.
- Support continual improvement in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and preparation.
- Conduct security risk assessments with accompanying recommendations and implementation of compensating controls.
- Maintain and co-manage Unmind's Governance Risk and Compliance platform.
- Manage Unmind's 3rd party supplier assurance process.
- Assist with external ISO 27001 audit preparation and planning.
- Assess & select information security tools to support the growing business and security strategy.
- Provide key contributions to the development of the security strategy for the business, including the supporting policies and processes.
- Monitor, identify, investigate and escalate security events and incidents using cloud-based security tooling.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the roles will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role:
- Deep knowledge of Information Security and demonstrable experience of working in a similar role at a small to medium-sized technology firm
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity frameworks especially ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials.
- Working knowledge of GDPR.
- Commitment, attention to detail and confidence in a cloud-based environment.
- Flexible attitude and an ability to perform under pressure.
- Ability to develop and manage an ISMS and security policies.
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace