Unmind are looking for an IT Support Specialist to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as an IT Support Specialist
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – IT Support Specialist
With now over 125 employees located across the globe and with growth a certainty, we're looking for someone to join the Unmind IT team to help us provide first-class IT service support to all Unminders. This is a great opportunity for a skilled 1st Line support specialist, who has a very good understanding and practical knowledge of the support requirements of end-users and who possesses the capability to resolve technical issues. As a member of this new team within Unmind you will be responsible for:
- Responding to and managing 1st line support tickets and queries via our IT service desk logging system, remotely and in-person and keep users consistently updated.
- Providing a proactive and reliable response to IT and security-related incidents. Escalating high priority incidents to the relevant stakeholders.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve endpoint device issues for Mac OS and Windows-based machines.
- Setting up new users with all necessary accounts and closing down leavers.
- Managing and reviewing Identity and access management for our users across a wide spectrum of SaaS services.
- Provide speedy and reliable support for common and bespoke software applications.
- Allocate, configure and manage new starter and leavers equipment and maintain asset registers.
- Installing and troubleshooting hardware and software issues including endpoint security, antivirus, device-based firewalls and MDM management.
- Creating and maintaining IT policy, processes and technical guidance documentation for end-users.
- Support printing and audio/visual facilities.
- Procurement of new hardware and software.
- Recycling and disposal of old IT equipment and managing relevant inventories.
- Liaise with 3rd party software suppliers where necessary, and acting as the central point of contact for resolving SaaS related problems.
- Work on and lead IT projects and implementing new technologies across the business.
- Work closely with Information Security to deliver a first-class and secure service for end-users.
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role:
- 1-2 years experience working within a 1st line IT service desk capacity.
- 1-2 years Mac/iOS support experience.
- Familiarity and experience of various SaaS-based systems including O365, G Workspace, IdPs, RDP and MDM.
- Keen to learn new technologies and processes with great troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage a number of open cases at one time.
Linked to Unmind values (WIP)
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace