SilverRail Technologies are looking for a QA Engineer to join their team.
*Please note this position is a hybrid remote working role, therefore we are ideally looking for candidates commutable to London 1-2 days per month*
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is increasingly important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there’s nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our product delivery meets the highest quality standards while we transform the rail industry. To ensure we can scale our products and release quickly we need to implement high quality automated tests so we are not burdened by large amounts of manual tests. The role of a QA Engineer requires a passion and commitment to quality that extends beyond that of QA testing. If you love to automate everything, this is the role for you.
The role is required to participate in each stage of development from requirements to final acceptance. QA Engineers are expected to participate in Sprint Planning and estimation, and to hold the Scrum team to account regarding output quality throughout the execution of each sprint. They will strive to ensure that each new feature has appropriate automated tests and will be able to use manual exploratory testing where automation isn’t feasible. You will extensively utilise automated testing techniques to increase efficiency and reliability of testing efforts in a continuous integration environment.
The team is very collaborative, friendly and improvement oriented. Having fun while at work is a must!
Key responsibilities and authorities
- Assist with defining acceptance criteria and estimate Sprint quality tasks in terms of test automation and manual testing
- Build and maintain automated test cases to automate validation of acceptance criteria which will be used for regression tests in future Sprints
- Create and maintain CI jobs to run the automated tests
- Review and report test results, collection and reporting of test data and trends.
- Attend and actively participate in Scrum planning, daily stand-ups, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Ownership and management of test environments and configurations
- Execution of manual tests where required
Competence and skills
- Experience writing automated tests in any language
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrating critical thought in a complex business environment.
- Experience using Agile Scrum, definition of acceptance criteria
- Experience with leveraging CI to release software faster
- Understanding of software testing best practices
- Exposure to AWS/Kubernetes is a bonus
- Experience in navigating databases and the ability to run SQL queries in support of analysis work.
- Understanding of SOAP and HTTP web services (bonus)
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a software engineering/quality engineering position
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in an Agile delivery environment
- Tertiary qualification in computing science, engineering or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting with minimal direction/supervision
- Focus on continuous improvement and innovation
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!
*Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for this job at this time*