Unmind are looking for a Senior Localisation Manager to join their team.
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower employees to live more fulfilling and balanced lives by changing the way organisations around the world think about mental health. We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
In the past 12 months, Unmind has grown from a 30 person team to a fast-growing, 120 person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney, and New York. With the recent announcement of our Series B funding, we're looking forward to our next stage of growth which will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the mental wellbeing of ten million people in organisations around the world.
We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need help in achieving them– which is why we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Localisation Manager
Uniting Behind Uniqueness
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace and encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we welcome you to apply for a role at Unmind.
If there are any adjustments that would help improve your experience with Unmind, please do let us know when you apply.
We also believe our interview process should be inclusive and transparent. Find out what to expect and more about our commitment to diversity on our candidate FAQs page here. As always, if there is anything missing, or you've identified a way we can improve, just let us know!
The Role – Senior Localisation Manager
At Unmind, our content vision is to give our users access to something incalculably precious: the best digital mental health content in the world.
As our team and our business grow, our ambition is to make our content available in multiple languages and the Senior Localisation Manager will be on the cutting edge of making sure mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
Working closely with our content and product teams team the Senior Localisation Manager will be responsible for overseeing the management and delivery of translation and localisation of our content.
You will help us shape and establish best practice processes and procedures to ensure our content scales seamlessly across multiple languages and geographies.
You'll have the opportunity to help build our localisation practices, creating and building relationships with translation partners and technical suppliers. You'll then get to liaise with our established team and 3rd party partners to ensure delivery of our multi-language projects.
You'll get to own and manage the translation of our content from end to end and collaborate with experts across the Unmind business to ensure our content delights our users.
Most importantly, you'll get to have a lasting impact on how mental health is positioned around the world!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Own: the strategic direction of our multi-language and localisation projects, shaping your strategy to align with our vision and business objectives
- Collaborate: with our teams to define and operationalise our localisation and translation processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality content
- Shape: and manage our relationships with multiple 3rd party localisation providers
- Define: and influence our technical stack working with our internal teams and 3rd party consultants including a new TMS and other supporting tools
- Champion: cultural insights and maximise the impact of our content
Skills and Experience
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who are
- Fluent English and fluency (including strong grammar) in a romance language (French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Extensive localisation experience gained in a multi-national broadcaster, app or digital service (life-sciences experience an advantage)
- Experience managing day to day localisation operations
- Experience working with modern TMS platforms such as XTM cloud, Smartling or Lokalise.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Able to work effectively with teams and colleagues at all levels and in different functions across Unmind
- Detail orientated, able to work under pressure with excellent organisation skills
- Ability to understand, simplify and improve complex multi-stakeholder workflows
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace