The interview process
Applications will be open for this role until Wednesday 28th July 2021, and if shortlisted, you'll be invited for a 30 minute call the week of 2nd August.
This will be followed by a 2 hour take-home assignment, with successful candidates progressing to a final interview in mid-August.
If successful, you'd join the team in September 🎉
As a member of the Researcher Support Team, you'll be the first point of contact to help researchers, from setting up their first study to mediating between researchers and participants.
We'll give you all the training you need, so you know exactly how Prolific works and can quickly fix any issues customers are having.
As you grow into the role, you'll have the opportunity to broaden your scope of work, including helping to maintain and improve our external and internal help centres, and representing the voice of researchers in company discussions.
At Prolific you'll also have opportunities to learn about the startup ecosystem - to find out more about the role, see here: What's it like to work at Prolific?
Please note: Applicants must be UK residents and have the right to work in the UK. We're currently hiring for people to join the team in September. The details of the application process can be found below.
If you're interested in joining the team, but wouldn't be able to start until later in the year, please submit an application and let us know when the earliest you could start would be.
What you'll be doing
- Providing delightful customer support to researchers, by being direct, honest and empathising with any issues they encounter.
- Using insights gained through support experience and interactions with other teams to contribute towards platform improvements.
- Optimising internal support processes, e.g. suggesting changes to policies or systems to help Prolific provide higher quality and more efficient customer support.
- Acquiring an understanding of the academic research space, what’s important to researchers in running online studies and how Prolific can help.
You should apply if you
- Care deeply about providing a delightful and memorable customer support experience.
- Have flawless written English and can explain complex problems in a simple way.
- Enjoy getting stuck in to tricky problems and seeing them through to solution.
- Are super organised and able to effectively balance a range of ongoing tasks.
- Are self-motivated and able to work autonomously in a remote setting.
- Are comfortable working across multiple systems - this role will focus largely on Zendesk, Jira and our internal admin systems (you'll receive training on them all).
- Have an interest in behavioural science, psychology and/or scientific research and a desire to learn about the research space.
Nice To Have
- Experience of working in customer support.
- Experience in running studies or in academic research.
- Experience of working remotely.
What We Offer
- £28,000 (p.a.) + Employee stock options scheme.
- Flexible working: You can work flexibly from home or from our dog-friendly co-working space.
- £1000 home office budget and laptop when you start and a £200 yearly top-up budget.
- 33 days holiday per year (25 days + bank holidays, which you can switch with any day of your choosing).
- Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Comprehensive private health insurance that disregards medical history.
- Taxable stipend of £150 a month per person for wellness and improving your remote experience (co-working subscription, gym membership, lunches, etc.)
- £1000 yearly budget for education, growth, and training.
- Personal growth opportunities and career progression (e.g., learn about the startup ecosystem, mentoring from executive team, learn about psychological science and research methods).
- Fun and collaborative quarterly meet-ups and team socials paid for by us.
- Childcare flexibility: Need to pick your child up from school? No problem.
- Generous maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- A company committed to carbon offsetting: we donate money in your name each month to plant trees and we offset travel as an organisation each year.
- Open, transparent, and inclusive culture.