Impala are looking for a Demand Generation Director (Remote) to join their team.
Thanks for checking out our job description for our Demand Generation Director at Impala. We’re proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
More about Impala
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
We’re looking for someone that is a strategic executor to take on an IC role initially (with the opportunity to transition to people-management in the medium term). You’ll have the opportunity, freedom, and resources, to shape the role and function.
- You’ll be responsible for planning and building a scalable and repeatable model for demand generation across different geographies and hotel segments.
- You’ll spearhead the development and execution of demand generation campaigns using multiple channels such as search, email, social, content partnerships and display.
- You’ll work in partnership with product, sales and operations to significantly grow the number of hotels using Impala’s platform, through innovation, testing and learning.
- You’ll help us meet or beat quarterly pipeline targets, by partnering with various internal teams.
- You’ll continually test and innovate to optimize campaigns to get the best ROI.
- You’ll help position Impala as the market leader in our space.
You should join us if:
- You have significant years of B2B demand generation experience, ideally running demand gen for a startup or scaleup or for a business unit at a larger tech company.
- You have strong expertise in B2B digital marketing, marketing automation platforms (e.g. Hubspot), lead conversion, nurturing programs and marketing analytics.
- You have experience creating creative multi-touch campaigns and you love experimenting with new channels and tactics.
- You have a strong track record of hitting/exceeding quarterly goals.
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders and external agencies across geographies.
- You have the ability to create strong relationships and partner closely with the Sales, Product and the Business Intelligence teams, as well as other functions within the company.
- You have meticulous attention to detail and outstanding communication skills.
- You are proactive and have the ability to test and learn and iterate quickly.
- You have a start up mentality with a bias to action and a flexible, growth mindset.
- You’re comfortable in a remote-first environment. We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace. We also have a hub in Shoreditch for in person collaboration.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and getting told what to do.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
Life and Logistics
Right-click on this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
We'd love to intro you to some of our Exec team here at Impala.Our CEO, Ben StephensonOur CMO, Caroline HudackOur Chief of Staff, Jo Conneely
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.