Impala are looking for a Product Marketing Director (Remote) to join their team.
Thanks for checking out our job description for our Product Marketing Director at Impala. We’re proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
Here at Impala we hire +/- 2 hours of GMT.
More about Impala
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
We're making it ridiculously easy for innovators to integrate with hotels, via our (frankly delightful..) API’s.
This democratises access for hotels and innovators alike, enabling and encouraging so much more innovation in travel. We believe the industry can, should and will do better, and we're going to be at the centre of that... Bring on the travel tech revolution!
More practically, we’re making the world a better place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents of any size! Think Twilio or Plaid for Travel.
And that is very much only just the beginning.
This is where you come in, there are big challenges a-plenty as we scale up and evolve, which are going to require some talented folks to solve.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
We’re looking for someone that is a strategic executor to take on initially an IC role (with the opportunity to transition to people-management in the medium term).
This is the first Product Marketing role at Impala and as such you’ll have the opportunity, freedom, and resources, to shape the role and function.
- You’ll be responsible for articulating the value proposition and defining the positioning of the platform that will become the heart of an industry.
- You’ll work collaboratively with our Product, Design, Research, Sales and Operations teams to drive awareness, understanding and adoption of the Impala platform.
- You’ll direct the GTM plan to ensure we’re seen as a market leader among hoteliers, larger enterprise customers, developers and the product world.
- You’ll use your stakeholder management skills to ensure that everyone in the company is on message, in particular partnering closely with the sales team.
- You’ll deeply understand our target audience and conduct ongoing research to uncover new insights that inform our product and marketing strategy.
- You’ll own the creation of sales materials, host webinars, speak with analysts, interview customers and build strategies. Really the full gamut of B2B Product Marketing.
You should join us if:
- You have significant years experience as a product marketing expert with breadth and depth of expertise in defining, building, launching and scaling new products.
- You’ve run product marketing at a scaleup or run product marketing for an area at a larger tech company. .
- You’re deeply knowledgeable about successful GTM tactics for SaaS technology companies and have a genuine interest and passion for the space.
- You have deep experience collaborating with product and sales teams and managing cross-functional relationships.
- You love research and getting into the mind of the customer, whether they’re an independent hotel owner, a CTO of a travel startup or the head of supply at a large tour operator.
- You’re comfortable taking ownership and love moving between strategy and execution, this is a hands-on role.
- You have an eye for design and a high quality bar.
- You have a passion for travel and bring an intuitive understanding of the sector.
- You’re able to simplify complex subjects and concepts and make them easy to understand.
- You’re comfortable in a remote-first environment. We’ve been remote-first since 2017 and know how to do it. We care about thinking deeply about the workplace. We also have a hub in Shoreditch for in person collaboration.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You prefer structure and getting told what to do.
- We’re revolutionising an out-of-date 1.6 trillion dollar market. This means we’re reimagining what travel can and should look like - and you can be a part of that.
- We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, SecretEscapes, Trivago, Transferwise, and Airbnb.
- We’re an innovation-bent and product-obsessed team (who don’t take ourselves too seriously)
- Our Async work environment offers more flexibility, less pressure, and a better work-life balance.
- We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team. We have Star teams full of Star players across the board.
- We offer lofty progression opportunities for all Impalans
- We’re clear on our mission to enable innovators to build the world's most incredible travel experiences.
We also have a benefits package that’s second-to-none and a wonderful community and culture. Check out our deck and our careers page for more on that.
Where will you work?
We are a remote-first and asynchronous company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, whilst also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise for now (expanding globally in the future).
You can check out everything we offer to set up your perfect remote work environment here.
And if Relocation excites you - we offer (and encourage!) that opportunity too.
Life and Logistics
Right-click on this link to find out more about progression, wellness, culture and benefits, and more, at Impala. We think it's a pretty great place to work, and we're proud to share some insight as to why.
We'd love to intro you to some of our Exec team here at Impala.Our CEO, Ben StephensonOur CMO, Caroline HudackOur Chief of Staff, Jo Conneely
What about the Covid-shaped elephant in the room?
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech; with endless opportunities opened up for innovation meaning the industry won't be going back to how it was. Hotels and innovators are no longer satisfied with the status quo, and players across travel tech have been busy giving themselves a make over during Covid.
Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
If you want to learn more about us, check out our Blog and our Culture Deck.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.