Primer are looking for a Intern - Finance & Operations to join their team.
Primer is here to make payments simple.
By connecting to us, businesses around the world are connected to everything they need to make payments happen.
Set up in the UK in 2020 by an ex PayPal team, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital and Accel. We’re also partnered with Klarna, GoCardless and Worldline among others.
Our teams work remotely, from anywhere. We value drive, autonomy, and transparency, and we’re looking for people to shape our culture as much as we’re looking for people to build our product.
What is the role?
- We have ambitious growth plans at Primer over the next year and we are now rapidly scaling our operations teams to help us shape the future of Primer
- Owning the monthly financial close process, in collaboration with our Operations teams and external accounting firm, which includes performing reconciliations, recommending journal entries, and closing the legal entity books
- Elevating financial reporting tools and processes to improve visibility in financials (P/L by function, cashflow statement), experience with Xero a plus.
- Building and maintaining budgeting and cost forecasting processes
- Supporting the Operations and Sales Operations teams on ad-hoc projects, developing data-driven recommendations for planning, forecasting, and other analytical activities
- Assisting in maintaining and improving our internal controls and processes as the teams continue to grow
- Building close working relationships with the operations team and cross business partners;
- Collaborating with peers to make Primer a success - we're a growing company, where everyone can have an input into how things are being done
- BA/BS degree, looking for a 6-12 month internship as part of a gap year or early professional experience
- Ideally, previous experience in consulting, private equity, a tech start-up or other fast-paced environment
- An understanding of the financial processes and 'what good looks like' relating to financial reporting, forecasting, and internal controls
- An interest in data and how we can use it to continuously improve
- Someone who can pair strong analysis with strategic thinking, is operations and business minded and loves to build (processes, models, analyses, and more!)
- Mastery of Excel with the ability to build complex models that are flexible to drive conversations
- Knowledge and/or desire to learn automation tools to drive efficiency - any experience with SQL, data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker) is a strong plus
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with varied, changing objectives - and the ability to balance and prioritise these
- The ability to collaborate and communicate with the Primer team
- Drive and ambition - we're a company that's growing fast, and we want you to grow with us!