Elvie are looking for a Head of Commercial Finance to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact - we are mission driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems
- We are fearless innovators - we are passionate, curious and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation
- We are in it together - we fail and learn fast, always as one team, and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences
What you'll be doing in this role
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will take on responsibility for the leadership of the commercial finance team. A broad commercially orientated role, working across research & new product development, markets and operations. All intrinsic to helping Elvie make the right decisions through bringing the right insight to these teams.
You will work closely with the functional leads such as CPO (Chief Product Officer), CTO (Chief Technology Officer), Strategy and Operations Director and their teams as well as General Managers for our regional markets to assist them in bringing financial insight to decision making, developing commercial finance frameworks and business cases and a key member of helping Elvie deliver our growth ambitions.
You’ll lead the team to deliver commercial targets and outcomes, and support the broader business in making decisions to achieve these targets and outcomes. You will lead the development of financial frameworks around business cases, new market launches and investment decisions, alongside developing routine finance practices to ensure smooth running of the business financially.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the commercial finance team, leading the team to help bring insight and decision making to the business.
- Accountable for creating innovative commercial constructs and mechanisms, ensuring business profitability and risk mitigation
- Business partner with hardware and software product teams, including R&D and new product development
- Business partner with regional market teams to support strategic business development, new market and product launches
- Leading on the coordination of assumptions and inputs from the commercial function into the annual planning process for the group, including budget, forecasts, and three-year plan
- Lead the implementation of commercial finance frameworks over product and market development
- Lead the development of commercial finance and business partnering into a regular routine including cadence of reporting, updates and governance
- Lead the development of investment case appraisal including payback/ NPV/ ROI calcs with splits of CAPEX and OPEX
- Lead the preparation of insightful commentary and analysis on consolidated business performance for senior leadership team and investors
- Lead/input into contract commercial negotiations for highly complex, high value, high risk agreements
- Support the business in adhoc projects including business casing, fundraising, board reporting, and implementation of new ERP & BI tools
- Assist with wider and ongoing planning and budgeting activities as directed by the CEO, COO/CFO & FD
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified and have proven track record of business partnering with senior stakeholders;
- Be a natural leader with ability to bring the best out in others and ability to manage diverse teams;
- Love the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you can shape the future of Elvie from the ground upwards;
- Have a “can do” attitude and be proactive in seeking solutions and implementing change;
- Be confident in data handling & analysis in a non-interfaced system environment;
- Have advanced Excel skills and an interest in improving on these;
- Have a proven track record of high integrity and a bias for action;
- Have achieved a 2:1 or better in your bachelor’s degree;
- Be an excellent communicator at all levels; and
- Have a high attention to detail with appreciation of tolerances
- Experience of R&D / new consumer product or device development and regional business partnering;
- Experience of leading a commercial finance function;
- Experience in the Retail or ecommerce industry;
- Experience of working across international teams and markets;
- Use of data visualization and digital tools to deliver a modern finance function and driving change through their implementation; and
- Familiar with Project Management practices, tools and methodologies
Location: Flexible, as long as you're happy to come into either our London or Bristol office a couple of days a week.
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we understand that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- £100 contribution to your home working set up, to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £150 & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 745 5201.