Goodlord are looking for a SDR - Sales Development Representative - SaaS Sales team to join their team.
About the Role
We're looking for an energetic and motivated Sales Development Representative to join the team and help spread the word about Goodlord.
Our team is an eclectic bunch who help businesses explore our unique and game-changing platform. Our product speaks for itself but we need positive people, people to ensure others out there are listening.
You will support the team by warming up lead, contacting customers-to-be to explain how Goodlord can change their lives and working closely with the rest of the team to convert leads into loyal customers.
In order to succeed, you'll need larger than life communication skills and an ability to smile down the phone. You'll get to know Goodlord's product inside out and be our biggest advocate.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growth company where no two days will be the same!
Base salary plus commission = realistic OTE £38-43k
*Please note that this role will be based in London HQ at least 3 days a week (your choice if you want to work remotely or in the office the other 2 days) when it is safe to do so as per government guidelines*
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Pipeline generation and driving new business. This is the bread and butter of the role, what you’ll be responsible for and targeted on
- Growing our customer base and opening conversations with new customers
- Analysing our market database and teasing out the best leads
- Working cross-functionally with all teams to help create the ultimate Goodlord Customer experience
- Keeping up to date with developments to your products and sharing customer feedback
You should apply if you:
- have a proven track record of pipeline generation and sales success in a high transaction volume environment
- have a reassuring and charming phone manner – you can establish rapport and trust with people quickly and effectively without being face-to-face
- are commercially minded and love working with targets (and over-delivering on them)
- are Resourceful, motivated teammate with a competitive spirit
- are a great storyteller with the ability to convince others
- have excellent written and verbal English
- are resilient to change, flexible and adaptable
- use energy and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire others to achieve the goal
- are a people person, are a great communicator and can build effective relationships over the phone
- Have a strong work ethic and are a self-starter
- Are excited about what we're doing here at Goodlord!
And it would be super great if:
- Knowledge of the residential property industry would come in handy
- Experience using Salesforce/Pardot is certainly not essential but would be useful.
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to Goodlordian’s wellbeing
Why you'll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately, Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Strictly NO Agencies
We reserve the right to close this role if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **