Goodlord are looking for a Product Manager to join their team.
About the roleGoodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an experienced and customer focused product manager to help us achieve this. Reporting to the Product Lead, you will be joining a team of three Product Managers (and three Product designers) in a function that sits at the heart of the business.
You will work across different areas of the product, with different stakeholders, on different problems we need to solve and you should be comfortable with the unknown unknowns!
Additionally, you are passionate about building structure and process into our growing team in a way that doesn’t hold us back from achieving our objectives.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing, dynamic, creative team.
Your drive and imagination is your limit, not your job title. We’re constantly evolving and growing so no two days will be the same and we’re looking for people who are comfortable working in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
- Product discovery - collaborating closely with the product design & engineering teams, running customer research, competitor analysis and building understanding of the problems we need to solve and opportunities we should take.
- Collaborating with the CEO and other key business stakeholders to define the strategy and roadmap for one of our product areas, whilst creating buy-in for the features you are building.
- Communicating with stakeholders across all functions of the business as well as externally in order to ensure there’s a constant flow of information between all parties.
- Ensuring the voice of the customer is heard throughout the product development process, from speaking with our Customer Support & Success teams to interviewing customers on a regular basis.
- Maintaining the product backlog and running key product activities such as backlog refinement, grooming, developing user stories etc.
- Working closely with Marketing, Customer Success & Support to ensure feature releases are successful, whilst measuring the impact the feature has post release.
*Please note that this role is primarily based in our London HQ, so you will need to be happy to be in the office 2-3 times a week on average.
RequirementsYou should apply if you have:
- Commercial Product management experience - successfully delivering measurable impact as part of a product team, huge bonus if you have payments or insurance experience!
- Facilitating product development processes and running key activities such as retrospectives, workshops, standups, product demos that lead us in creating outstanding solutions for customers and users.
- Working on integrations with third parties and APIs.
- Experience working with tools such as Jira, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Miro, Notion etc.
- Excellent communication skills, able to explain the thinking behind the product decisions with all levels within the business.
You should also be:
- Highly motivated and comfortable taking the initiative.
- A team player able to work with a cross-functional team in an agile environment.
- Comfortable analysing data and running experiments, supported by data & design, knowledge of SQL would be a bonus.
And it would be super great if:
- You know what it’s like to work in a young company and love the vibe (and sometimes chaos!)
- You are proficient in Figma
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- Grow with Goodlord: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 1000 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 200 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And in the past year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 9th in Deloitte’s UK Technology Fast 50
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
Unfortunately Sponsorship is not available for this role
NO AGENCIES PLEASE We reserve the right to close this advert should we receive a suitable number of applications.** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **