Elvie are looking for a Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join their team.
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, "Stops your leaks, not your day" is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless - We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators - We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together - Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Who you are
We are looking for a seasoned supplier quality professional with extensive experience in developing and driving an effective supplier management and development agenda. You will know what good looks like and have demonstrable experience in implementing it.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will take the lead in creating structure and harmonization within the Chiaro supply base. You will do this through creating and implementing a supplier management programme which defines what we expect from our suppliers, how we interact with them and monitors performance on an ongoing basis. You will also play an active role in creating a supplier development strategy which will ultimately influence award of business and order allocation.
The role will involve (but not be limited to):
New supplier selection
- Lead supplier auditing activity and associated paperwork and follow up activities (inc. audit reporting, SCAR / NC closure, ASL updates)
- Act as a key stakeholder in the acceptance of new suppliers into the Chiaro supplier portfolio
- Define agenda and implement regular communication channels (weekly/monthly) with all key suppliers for the purpose of reviewing current performance, trends and progress
- Manage daily in-flow of Quality documentation (e.g. inspection reports, production KPI’s, audit feedback) from suppliers
- Support the wider Quality team and CI team with the timely resolution of product quality concerns/issues
- Ensure proactive top level management of SCAR’s (supplier corrective action reports)
- Regular internal reporting on supplier performance (KPI’s, issues and risk)
- Create a supplier development programme alongside key stakeholders in Quality, Manufacturing and Operations
- Lead implementation of supplier development programme across all strategic suppliers with a view to harmonize quality and manufacturing best practice principles
- Manage audit programme to assess and track supplier progress
- Support the introduction of improved quality data systems
- Monitor and lead internal reviews of monthly supplier quality data sets
- Identification of issues, changes in trends and opportunities for improvement
- Strong communication and engagement skills, with the ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Significant quality systems and supplier assessment auditing experience (ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 lead auditor qualifications desirable)
- Significant supplier management experience
- Knowledge of Quality tools, techniques, theories and their application - Gage R&R studies, FAI reports, Capability studies, PFMEA, control plans, P-Flow, auditing techniques, SPC, RCCA/8D, 5 Why
- Knowledge of medical device quality and manufacturing requirements (ISO 13485 and FDA CFR highly desirable)
- Experience of working alongside and managing global manufacturing partners across varying time zones and cultures
- Flexibility to travel internationally to support audit and supplier onboarding activity
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Clear and concise communication
- Ideally, time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
Location: Bristol, but we're flexible as long as you're happy to come into the office at least once a week.
We're on an exceptional journey, and can offer you a truly purpose led career, with a culture built on trust, autonomy and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility – whether it’s working from home, doing the school run or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options - we'd love for you to share in our success!
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays), plus additional days to get married or move house
- Great parental leave policies, including paid emergency childcare
- An annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform, Learnably
- Healthcare plans, life insurance and an employee assistance programme for you and your family
- Generous employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events (when we're able to again!)
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
As an inclusive employer, we are more than happy to provide suitable alternatives to our online application process. If you require the option to make a verbal application, please get in contact with us to arrange: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 745 5201.