We’d like you to take a read of our Talent Acquisition Policy which explains how we collect and process your data related activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
Please read our policy carefully. By submitting the application button you will be giving OpenPayd Group companies your consent to use your data in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team
OpenPayd is a leading global payments and banking-as-a-service platform for the digital economy. Through it’s API-driven technology, businesses can embed financial services into their products and create the seamless user experiences needed to drive business growth.
OpenPayd’s platform removes the need to contract with multiple providers for different services and across different markets. Instead, businesses can access accounts, FX, international and domestic payments, acquiring and Open Banking services globally via a single API integration. With licensing across the UK, Europe, Canada and others, OpenPayd is committed to providing businesses with a fully compliant solution across all markets, leaving your business to focus on growth.
Our mission is to ‘To open up banking and payments for business globally, through a modular platform’. We believe that all businesses regardless of their scale or industry should be able to leverage the best payment and banking services. We believe in providing our services through a simple, flexible and scalable platform.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the General Counsel is responsible for the daily running of the legal function. This is a very broad and hands-on role.
How will you add value to the OpenPayd journey?
- Provide strategic legal and regulatory advice to senior management & relevant business stakeholders
- Lead the Legal team, providing appropriate support, and ensuring the team is aligned with the business strategy and its objectives
- Provide advice on compliance matters to ensure OpenPayd conducts its business in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and manage relationships with external law firms and ensure that any external legal resource is appropriate and cost-effective for the advice sought
- Horizon-scan to define the regulatory landscape within which OpenPayd operates
- Drive a culture of professional excellence and agility, as well as providing visible and effective leadership of the team through a period of change
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Admitted as a solicitor with at least 10-15 years’ post-admission experience in-house within financial services
- Experience of heading up a Legal function in Financial Services (banking, payments, fintech)
- Experience dealing with the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority
- The ability to identify relevant business and legal issues proactively, evaluate risks and find creative solutions, particularly regarding novel situations
- First-class communication skills and an ability to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to a range of audiences
- A passion for problem solving and driving change by using innovative solutions
- The ability to prioritise conflicting demands and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment