We're looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team.
We’d like you to take a read of our Talent Acquisition Policy which explains how we collect and process your data related activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
Please read our policy carefully. By submitting the application button you will be giving OpenPayd Group companies your consent to use your data in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team
OpenPayd is a leading global payments and banking-as-a-service platform for the digital economy. Through it’s API-driven technology, businesses can embed financial services into their products and create the seamless user experiences needed to drive business growth.
OpenPayd’s platform removes the need to contract with multiple providers for different services and across different markets. Instead, businesses can access accounts, FX, international and domestic payments, acquiring and Open Banking services globally via a single API integration. With licensing across the UK, Europe, Canada and others, OpenPayd is committed to providing businesses with a fully compliant solution across all markets, leaving your business to focus on growth.
Our mission is to ‘To open up banking and payments for business globally, through a modular platform’. We believe that all businesses regardless of their scale or industry should be able to leverage the best payment and banking services. We believe in providing our services through a simple, flexible and scalable platform.
Your day-to-day will be:
- Acting as an advisor for regulatory matters impacting the OpenPayd business.
- Being responsible for maintaining the Groups ongoing compliance with applicable, laws, regulations and guidance, including the Payment Services Directive, Electronic Money Directive, outsourcing guidelines and FCA Principles of Business.
- Assisting the product and technical teams to ensure the OpenPayd Platform is compliant with applicable regulations and industry guidance.
- Provide advice and legal support to ensure the Group has strong governance and operational resilience practices in place.
- Acting as the business owner for regulatory risks in the Enterprise Risk Management Framework, including conducting risk assessments, implementing controls to mitigate identified risks and ongoing monitoring.
- Horizon scanning to monitor changes to laws and regulations that may impact the OpenPayd business.
- Preparing regulatory notifications and filings
- Delivering legal education for the business through bespoke training and raising awareness
- Supporting the wider legal team to provide efficient and effective legal support to the business.
- Ad hoc legal and regulatory tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years experience in a regulatory advisory or oversight role.
- Solicitors qualification will be advantageous but not essential, providing the candidate has the required experience mentioned above
- A strong working knowledge the Payment Services Regulation
- Experience advising clients on the EBA Outsourcing Guidelines and/or FCA Principles of Business
- Ability to explain complicated legal concepts in a way that is understandable to business stakeholders in both written and oral communications.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and equally feel comfortable being challenged themselves
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible & open minded approach, including taking on additional tasks or changes to the role as required
- A strong business mind
- Ability to do work with support rather than high levels of hands on supervision and act with integrity and honesty at all times
- Knowledge of the Card Scheme Rules and card acquiring services
- General awareness of current affairs relating to the global financial sector
- Working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation
- International legal experience