We’d like you to take a read of our Talent Acquisition Policy which explains how we collect and process your data related activities in accordance with GDPR guidelines.
Please read our policy carefully. By submitting the application button you will be giving OpenPayd Group companies your consent to use your data in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy.
We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
OpenPayd Talent Team
OpenPayd is a leading global payments and banking-as-a-service platform for the digital economy. Through it’s API-driven technology, businesses can embed financial services into their products and create the seamless user experiences needed to drive business growth.
OpenPayd’s platform removes the need to contract with multiple providers for different services and across different markets. Instead, businesses can access accounts, FX, international and domestic payments, acquiring and Open Banking services globally via a single API integration. With licensing across the UK, Europe, Canada and others, OpenPayd is committed to providing businesses with a fully compliant solution across all markets, leaving your business to focus on growth.
Our mission is to ‘To open up banking and payments for business globally, through a modular platform’. We believe that all businesses regardless of their scale or industry should be able to leverage the best payment and banking services. We believe in providing our services through a simple, flexible and scalable platform.
How will you add value to the OpenPayd journey?
Product Owners at OpenPayd are leaders, builders and problem solvers who bear the overall responsibility for definition and delivery of software products and features at OpenPayd. Product Owners work very closely with the engineering function and various business functions (sales, marketing, ops, compliance, legal, finance) to define ‘WHAT’ should be built and ‘WHY’ the business should be even bothering building it. Naturally obsessed about customer needs, Product Owners make sure that we’re building software our customers want. As a Product Owner at OpenPayd you will be expected to lead a cross-functional team which may consist of web/mobile and back-end developers, QAs, designers, and other stakeholders from across the business. You will be the team’s ‘storyteller’ and will ensure the product vision is delivered in accordance with business priorities and the wider product roadmap.
Your day-to-day as a Product Owner at OpenPayd will be:
- Owning the Risk & Compliance product and managing the product’s mid to long term feature roadmap based on outcomes and aligned with the wider business roadmap
- Managing and prioritizing your product backlog daily and as part of your team’s agile/lean development processes
- Meeting frequently with compliance, legal, sales, ops, marketing, finance legal and other stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business processes and needs
- Capturing product requirements from customers and stakeholders and writing accurate user stories
- Preparing low fidelity wireframes and flow diagrams to bring your user stories to life
- Working with product designers (where applicable) to turn your wireframes into tangible design assets based on user research
- Working in partnership with engineering, brainstorming ideas together and ensuring developers understand WHAT needs to be built and what value does it have at all times
- Assessing new product ideas and leading product/feature discovery workshops using the desirability, viability, and feasibility framework
- Researching the competition and capturing market insights pertaining to your assigned product area on a regular basis
- Identifying market opportunities and contributing to the wider product vision and business strategy
- Regularly updating the wider organisation on the progress of new product releases
- Providing customer-facing narrative and positioning of features for your product area and contributing to Product Marketing collateral for new product releases
- Gathering post-launch/post-release customer feedback and capturing learnings to adapt the product
- Championing user experience (UX) throughout the organisation
- Setting KPIs for features being delivered. Monitoring assumptions and validating hypotheses
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- You have 4+ years’ experience in a software product management role
- You have worked on risk and compliance related products at a fintech and have experience with AML Transaction Screening and Monitoring technologies
- You understand and appreciate the importance of a good ‘compliance stack’ at a fintech and how to use this as a competitive advantage.
- You have successfully developed from scratch and launched at least one product in the banking, payments or fintech space
- You’re naturally curious about solving customer problems and can quickly follow through on your ideas
- You’re focused on outcomes rather than outputs and can judge a product or feature’s business viability and customer desirability in a matter of minutes
- You have a very good sense of UX which manifests itself in your tendency to draw a wireframe or a diagram first, and only then talk/write about it
- You embrace change and you have first-hand experience of leading cross functional teams using agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Lean, XP)
- You're exceptionally good at synthesizing and conceptualizing information, be it verbally or in writing. The user stories that you’ve written are a perfect example of this.
- You have written a product requirements spec for a software product at least once in your career, and consider it to be a big deal - a natural extension of your product vision
- You're a self-starter, capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision but you're also a team player at heart
- You thrive in dynamic, fast paced and highly ambiguous work environments where the answer to a question may not be immediately available and requires a great deal of persistence and perseverance to obtain
- You're that individual that the dev team refers to as the 'business person' but the business team refers to as the ‘tech person'. You're the bridge between those two worlds and you're perfectly comfortable with being treated as such
- You have done some coding in the past (in any language), can read an API spec and as a minimum point out its deficiencies
- You’re great with data and can write your own SQL queries if needed
- You're familiar with Marty Cagan's take on product management and ideally an existing member of the ‘Mind the Product’ community You're very good at articulating the essence of software products and the value they create internally and externally
Nice to haves: