ScreenCloud are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join their team.
Life at ScreenCloud
At ScreenCloud we see the potential where others don't.
Digital screens could one day be as big a part of our lives as the web is today. Our simple digital signage software lifts information out of the places it lives and transforms it into beautiful, screen ready content. Working on everyday consumer hardware, ending clunky digital signage that could only be done by IT. We empower business owners, HR managers and technical teams to create digital signage that changes the way they sell, think and work. It’s quite the adventure.
We’re very proud of our product, but it is our people, and shared values, which will take us where other companies can’t go. We have hubs in London, Belfast, Bangkok and Los Angeles, alongside people working remotely all over the world. This means finding lots of ways to come together, like our annual company retreat, monthly All Hands and weekly WIPs. We treat people like adults as standard, which means freedom to work how, and where, you feel best, and an equal responsibility to do great work.
Coming from different cultural backgrounds (20 nationalities!), we’ve learned to cherish each other’s interests. Some of us enjoy the joy of daily running and looking after our dogs, whilst some of us live for the thrill of boxing, rock climbing or swimming with sharks.
We're currently looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our ever growing Apps team in Belfast. This individual will be responsible for improving App reliability and performance for our customers, as well as assisting the team on identifying issues before customers report them, debugging and resolving along the way. You'll also be involved in meeting our SOC2 monitoring commitments for Apps.
- Operate the AWS infrastructure that powers the apps for tens of thousands of digital screens every day
- Integrate tooling and services like Datadog/Cloudwatch/Sentry to detect when things inevitably go wrong, then work to debug the root cause
- Automate everything. If it can be scripted, it probably should be!
- Help us form data to prioritise and tackle the range of challenges that face any modern SaaS app. Everything from how to monitor the services we depend on, quantify application performance and gain insight into how customers use our products
- Become a core member of the Apps group, building tools and best practices to make it easier for developers across the company to produce and maintain apps at scale
- Push us to experiment and try new techniques to constantly improve the quality of the apps we build (We love serverless and are super interested in how we orchestrate large serverless products at scale!
- You have extensive experience operating and maintaining production systems, preferably at scale. You have implemented successful monitoring and alerting practices, and can prioritise the metrics most likely to impact customers
- You demonstrate strong knowledge of AWS or other cloud providers like Azure or GCP
- You love data and hard facts. Whether you're analysing logs for metrics to debug an uptime problem, or profiling applications for a performance discussion, your goal is to bring hard data to the table
- You see the difference between raw data and useful information; you're constantly driven to build more accurate pictures of the true state of play, and working with our Product Engineering teams to ensure the right work is then tackled based on those insights
- Tableau or a similar tools for graphing business intelligence.
- Serverless architectures using products like Lambda/Azure Functions and NoSQL databases like Mongo or DynamoDB.
- Releasing code consistently to production with strong CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to debug across both cloud services and webapps on the client.
We only employ bright, engaged, ambitious grown-ups with a talent for what they do. The upshot of this? We trust our team’s integrity at all times, which means no “clocking in and clocking out”. We encourage home-working and don’t limit ourselves to our employees who are living within a commutable distance from one of our hubs.
We pride ourselves on this value, whether it’s sharing our numbers (warts and all) with our employees or giving open and transparent feedback, we aren't in the market for hidden agendas and elephants in rooms
We want to disrupt the world of digital signage and how physical spaces connect with technology and communicate. We don’t conform to what has already been done and we question the status quo - there can be a better way!
In taking on new challenges that might feel uncomfortable, in our thinking and in having open and honest conversations with each other and our customers.
And all of these should be done with utmost INTEGRITY. We are honest, consistent and fair in everything we do.
So let’s have a chat!
If it’s not the job you’re looking for, at least it will be an enriching experience, we promise.
Check our founders' podcast for a sneak peek into our culture.
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Remote-friendly working
- Flexible working hours
- Pension Scheme
- Working from Home fund
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Personal Development fund
- Westfield Health Cash Plan
- Free Annual Flu Vaccine